• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
  3. Some gripes on this game...

User Info: Gash_922

Gash_922
8 years ago#1
I want to make things clear right of the bat, I love this game. The fighting mechanics is great, easy to learn and fun. Graphics is just right and the animation of each character is fluid. The soundtrack can be changed to your liking so that department would'nt be an issue. Now let me point out the things that could've made this game perfect. I'll go in chronological order from Kuuga to OOO.
First gripe is on the forms. Agito's red and blue forms should've been separate on top of its combined form. Garren would've been great with his Jack form. Kabuto, Gatack and Dark Kabuto should have their masked forms then transform to their rider forms. Kiva should have his Garulu, Basshaa, Dogga, DoGaBaKi and Flight.
Second gripe is the set of characters. Agito Riders should have Gills. Ryuki Riders had too much but forgot Alternative or Alternative Zero. Faiz Riders should have Delta, Psyga and Orga and removed the robot. Blade Riders should have Leangle and Chalice. Hibiki should have Ibuki, Todoroki and Zanki. Kabuto should have TheBee, Drake, Sasword.
Third gripe is the combo sets. Kuuga's Pegasus and Dragon forms, G3-X, Kaixa, and Kick Hopper have really few hits in them. I love Kaixa and Kick Hopper but it's hard to do combo varieties with such few hits.
Fourth gripe is their finishing moves. This game loves their Ryuki Riders so much that they didn't bother giving the other Riders their finishing moves. Like giving Gatack a decent Rider Kick or Kaixa finishing the job by using his Side Basshar or Garren doing his Illusion-like kick . I can name more but I'll just these three.
Fifth gripe is some sounds. The voices in Ryuki like "FInal Vent" is too soft you can barely hear it. Same goes for Blade. The voice of Gatack is horrible and the Kabuto Zecter voice is the only voiced used when Gatack, Punch and Kick Hopper Zecters share the same voice. Den-O lacks it's "Full Charge" voice. Decade's lack voices like "Fa-Fa-Fa-Faiz" when using his Attack Ride modes.
Fifth gripe is some special moves. Well, I hate the counter moves that don't counter easily like Decade's Kabuto Zecter.
Sixth gripe is some gameplay. The story mode's "beat-em' up" should've been much enjoyable if it was like Final FIght or Dynasty Warriors.
Well, these are my complaints and in my opinion the items above could've made the game a perfect Kamen Rider game.

User Info: Gash_922

Gash_922
8 years ago#2
Allow me to correct myself. The voices in Gatack's Zecter and Punch and Kick Hopper's Zecter are different.

User Info: sarris98

sarris98
8 years ago#3

Ok...Time to offer some objective and constructive critisism.Along with some thoughts.

Gash_922 posted...
I want to make things clear right of the bat, I love this game. The fighting mechanics is great, easy to learn and fun. Graphics is just right and the animation of each character is fluid. The soundtrack can be changed to your liking so that department would'nt be an issue. Now let me point out the things that could've made this game perfect. I'll go in chronological order from Kuuga to OOO.
First gripe is on the forms. Agito's red and blue forms should've been separate on top of its combined form. Garren would've been great with his Jack form. Kabuto, Gatack and Dark Kabuto should have their masked forms then transform to their rider forms. Kiva should have his Garulu, Basshaa, Dogga, DoGaBaKi and Flight.

Agree on almost everything on the first part.Now with the rider cancel things,even though too ridiculously simple[especially compared to other Eighting Fighters] does add a great layer of strategy and depth and that it a positive but it still needs a bit of adjustment...like crouching and a bit of fix in the gathering of energy.Some riders charge far too fast and attack slower or attack lessetc.Hopefully all characters will have a good and functional moveset by the next game for all of their forms and aall will have even more balanced energy gathering.

The second thing is the forms here : For Agito...that would be a bit too much for Agito for this installment,since we are already getting his Trinity and Shining form.In the next though it would be pretty swell to have them along with his burning one.

Garren...should definitelly have it...even his king form from the novel...but he really is very incomplete at the moment.

Kabuto,I have to agree,especially at the speed Kabuto and Hyper Kabuto attack compared to say,Gattack or even Dark Kabuto.It would be swell to have thm...but the way the armours work,wouldn't exactly fit in right now.

Kiva...almost same as Agito.One more form should be in.Same could go with Ixa.

Gash_922 posted...
Second gripe is the set of characters. Agito Riders should have Gills. Ryuki Riders had too much but forgot Alternative or Alternative Zero. Faiz Riders should have Delta, Psyga and Orga and removed the robot. Blade Riders should have Leangle and Chalice. Hibiki should have Ibuki, Todoroki and Zanki. Kabuto should have TheBee, Drake, Sasword.

Agito should also have a complete G3-X,but instead we got a slightly modified G3-X form the first game.The Ryuki Riders were a bit too many compared to others,but Eighting also developed the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight game for the wii and the only thing they had to do was add the characters.It would be a bit much for Alternatives to be in too at this point.Faiz should have one more for the moment and a finisher for Kaixa.Blade should have them along with a complete Garren...

Hibiki,as always is a bit...unnoticed by the developers.He should have one more character.

Kabuto at this point has a very fine selection of riders,even uf some are a bit incomplete.

Gash_922 posted...
Third gripe is the combo sets. Kuuga's Pegasus and Dragon forms, G3-X, Kaixa, and Kick Hopper have really few hits in them. I love Kaixa and Kick Hopper but it's hard to do combo varieties with such few hits.

And they are not the only ones.Negataros,Punch Hopper,The Survives and Auto Vaijin.Thought the Pegasus form can be excused for being a form for shooting and shooting only as witnessed in the show too.

The combo sets and the combos in general are a bit of a problem in the game.Especially when the "heavy attacks" do less damage tha the "light attacks".Eighting should fix this a bit and perhaps splice it with a bit of the combo system from their other series,Bleach Heat The Soul or even create something similar to the combo system cc2 has created for the Ultimate Ninja games.If any of those two above is done,the gameplay will really be perfect in both the 2.5D Fighting and 3D beat'em up modes.

Gash_922 posted...
Fourth gripe is their finishing moves. This game loves their Ryuki Riders so much that they didn't bother giving the other Riders their finishing moves. Like giving Gatack a decent Rider Kick or Kaixa finishing the job by using his Side Basshar or Garren doing his Illusion-like kick . I can name more but I'll just these three.

Completely true.Though again,the Ryuki's are pretty much excused due to copy pasta their ultimates from the Dragon Knight wii game.

Gash_922 posted...
Fifth gripe is some sounds. The voices in Ryuki like "Final Vent" is too soft you can barely hear it. Same goes for Blade. The voice of Gatack is horrible and the Kabuto Zecter voice is the only voiced used when Gatack, Punch and Kick Hopper Zecters share the same voice. Den-O lacks it's "Full Charge" voice. Decade's lack voices like "Fa-Fa-Fa-Faiz" when using his Attack Ride modes.

Also completely true and it's even more strange than the absence of sevral ultimate attacks.

Gash_922 posted...
Fifth gripe is some special moves. Well, I hate the counter moves that don't counter easily like Decade's Kabuto Zecter.

It is true that the counters should have been a bit easier to execute or at least less punishable.The overall gripe should be though,that some moves are very damaging and not punishable.Generally,the way the special system is now,is a bit unbalanced.Should they have the special attacks take a bit of the bar would be more balanced[one stripe f.e.].

Gash_922 posted...
Sixth gripe is some gameplay. The story mode's "beat-em' up" should've been much enjoyable if it was like Final Fight or Dynasty Warriors.
Well, these are my complaints and in my opinion the items above could've made the game a perfect Kamen Rider game.

That is little harsh,considering that with the current game mechanics,the 3DBeat'em Up mode in Ragnarok is pretty good and the new complete characters[the final forms and OOO] strangely seem to be made with that mode in mind...Though I will admit a more dynasty warriors like gameplay would be pretty awesome.

I hope that most of these are fixed with the new game.Perhaps that new "Rider Generation" game that NB filled?

1. Boards
  2. Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
  3. Some gripes on this game...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers