You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. *** Official Synthesis League Discussion Thread ***

User Info: AldousIsDead

AldousIsDead
1 month ago#231
Blew through 5 sets trying to do uber elder without ever really getting close. It's a shame, i was really hoping that I could do it myself this league. Oh well, on my way to 24 challenges. I'll decide once I get those done if i want to arse myself for 36 (not bloody likely).
In simplicity, utility. Through utility, simplicity.

User Info: teknic1200

teknic1200
1 month ago#232
Cortex spawned today finally, bottled faith dropped for me. Had green dream drop yesterday, and exalt #14 today keeping my streak going. It's been a fun league, I've managed to dump a bit more than 55 exalts into my build and it's pretty powerful. Down to about 450 in the mine. Up to 31 challenges now.
Monster Huntin'

teknic1200
3 weeks ago#233
I grabbed a headhunter for 50ex today, wow that makes mapping fast lol.
Monster Huntin'

User Info: Jiga35

Jiga35
3 weeks ago#234
AldousIsDead posted...
Blew through 5 sets trying to do uber elder without ever really getting close. It's a shame, i was really hoping that I could do it myself this league. Oh well, on my way to 24 challenges. I'll decide once I get those done if i want to arse myself for 36 (not bloody likely).

I was also not able to defeat Uber this league, unless by some miracle I can get it done in the time remaining.

I tried the fight 8 times, got both to 25% several times, but then there is just too much going on, too many aoe on the floor. If I die and try to come back in, ouch.

But that's alright, I got 25 challenges done so far, that's the most I've ever done.

Can't get the stupid Cortex boss to spawn though.
Goodbye, beloved friend. One day soon, I will see you again.

User Info: Kegmiester

Kegmiester
2 weeks ago#235
i thought i might necro this topic more of a final debriefing for everyone. has your league play been fruitful and satisfactory progress wise. did you have fun with league, did the league mechanics work etc etc.

For me personally, whilst i didn't get t he 24 challenges to get my pet, i would say it has been fruitful. The flashback league snagged me a pet which was better then the probe thing and i accomplished a lot. defeating the syndicate mastermind, atziri for the first time being real highlights. Additionally, i made a lot of progress getting my masters to max rank. Niko finally at max rank, alva/jun at level 5 So i don't need to get side tracked by them. much.
error: no errors found

teknic1200
2 weeks ago#236
It was a great league for me. I'm at 33 challenges, might get one more and add a level to my totem. I had 30 last league. I made more currency than ever pulling in over 100 ex and buying a headhunter as a highlight from that. Flashback was fun, I was able to build my toon out well in three weeks and pulled decent currency there. For flashback I checked out some soulrend trees on poe.ninja and rolled my own from there. It clears maps fast and took shaper no problem but haven't tried any tougher bosses. It was my easiest to level to 96 and I'm sure I could level this one up some more. I have a level 97 elementalist that isn't durable enough to hit 98, I think this trickster could if I had more time.

Yesterday I picked up exalt #20 off the ground, those things really do drop. I had 6 drop in flashback.
Monster Huntin'
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Kegmiester posted...
has your league play been fruitful and satisfactory progress wise. did you have fun with league, did the league mechanics work etc

- Yup. Played in a 40 day SC Private League with IRL friends/coworkers for Synthesis (made it to lvl 93) and then played HC Flashback (made it to lvl 85 for bracket random draw prize). Both were pretty fun builds, though my defenses lacked a bit on my Divine Ire Inquisitor so I got stunned occasionally. I think in retrospect I shoulda went DI Totems. Didn't go for Shaper/Uber Elder this time around but instead I think I chained like 100+ T15 Shaped Moon Temples as my Atlas strat. Was a bunch of fun

- It went from alright to pretty good as of the fixes that went into 3.6.3 imo... and it's a shame more people didn't give it a second chance after the patch because it honestly did make it feel much better. My biggest gripes about Synthesis were the 10-piece limit (even Incursion had its limit at 11) + the decay rate in indoor tilesets. Overall though, I'd probably rank Synthesis as B-tier, in the context where Betrayal/Incursion are A-tier and Breach/Delve are S-tier. This is one of the reasons I'm super hyped about Legion, because it seems to be the spiritual successor to Breach League... so it'll likely be a fan-favorite

- Synthesis' League mechanic was a double-edged sword. It did work as intended, but some people just didn't have the patience. You were never going to (or supposed to) synthesize GG items on the way to Act 10. That's like doing the 5-for-1 recipe on iLvl 22 items and expecting to get good stuff, you simply can't. Synthesis' design was always meant to be used for endgame Mapping level of items, which is where it worked best. As for the other areas - Synthesis was amazing for item drops/XP since essentially, each Map you ran would be 1.5 - 2.0 Maps, because you would get a free puzzle piece in addition to the possibility of buffing the puzzle piece with Modifiers or linking it to a Reward node

- Never understood the two big complaints about the League though:
.......... - "It's stupid that synthesizing items is RNG unless you learn about it or read a table!" = in design, it's not really any different than Exalting an item. It's also RNG and you don't know what you're going to get unless you read up on it (ie. an item can only have 3-Prefix/3-Suffix, etc), and people don't complain about Exalting.
.......... - "They never should have advertised Onslaught Boots on the announcement page if it takes a godly amount of effort reserved for 1% of players!" = Every League will always have chase items, some of which regular players will never get and can always look forward to. It's not really any different than Eternity Shroud or that Urn unique from Betrayal or a particular Legendary Beast item.

Kegmiester posted...
For me personally, whilst i didn't get t he 24 challenges to get my pet, i would say it has been fruitful. The flashback league snagged me a pet which was better then the probe thing and i accomplished a lot. defeating the syndicate mastermind, atziri for the first time being real highlights.

Congrats on both! Yeah, Synthesis was the first time I took down the Syndicate Mastermind too, was waaay too hard for me during Betrayal.

teknic1200 posted...
It was a great league for me. I'm at 33 challenges, might get one more and add a level to my totem. I had 30 last league. I made more currency than ever pulling in over 100 ex and buying a headhunter as a highlight from that. Flashback was fun, I was able to build my toon out well in three weeks and pulled decent currency there.

Wow hot damn, grats on the HH. I'm definitely jelly lol.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://playdiablo4.com/

User Info: Palinchron

Palinchron
2 weeks ago#238
I had fun and made lots of currency. Notably, cleared 36 challenges for the first time ever (been playing on and off since Domination league). I did have to buy a handful of boss kills because my build really couldn't handle bosses at all, so I still have a goal of getting to 36 on my own power someday.
We're about to witness an inverse relationship between the number of stab wounds I inflict on you and the number of answers you start giving me. -BM, 8BT

teknic1200
2 weeks ago#239
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Wow hot damn, grats on the HH. I'm definitely jelly lol.

thanks! To celebrate the end of league I threw it against a t3 temple corruption chamber.

nothing happened, it just corrupted could have been worse

I did make it to 34 to get one more tier on my synthesis totem.

I have to agree, I don't get the complains on synthesis but in today's world there's a lot of folks who see complaining as some kind of new status symbol.
Monster Huntin'

User Info: Jiga35

Jiga35
2 weeks ago#240
I am happy to annouce that I finally downed Uber Elder for the first time today!

So happy I got this done on my Occultist before she gets nerfed.

He dropped a Mark of The Elder, so that makes me very damned f***in' happy!

Very fun fight, frustrating, expensive, takes a lot of practice. It's particularly tricky on ps4 pro because one cannot easily control the destination of one's flame dash, but I got by. Still had one portal left on the kill, so whew!

26 challenges done so far in this league, and Cortex boss has finally popped.

Looking for to the new league, no idea what I'm going to play.
Goodbye, beloved friend. One day soon, I will see you again.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. *** Official Synthesis League Discussion Thread ***