Am I better off...?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Am I better off...?

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
2 months ago#1
Getting the game from the official website or from Steam? I would rather avoid Steam as Iam the type that wants as few things on his HD as possible. Any downside with getting it from the official website and avoiding Steam?
XBox One: MAGA1791

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
2 months ago#2
Both are the same experience, and to be fair it's not like the Steam app itself is a huge folder when installed.

It sounds like you don't even have a single game from Steam, which in that case the small difference* won't affect you, so just go with the one from the official website. * = sometimes when you're playing a game on Steam, all patch downloads for other games are paused until you exit your current game.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
2 months ago#3
Oh hell just realized I will need Steam anyway to play Civ V
XBox One: MAGA1791

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
2 months ago#4
If you have a mechanical HDD the game takes forever to update even with a measly 6 meg patch on the Steam version. It’s a lot better on the official client. If you have an SSD it’s not bad.

I use the steam version because I don’t play that often anymore but I can keep the game up to date when I do want to play since I have many games on steam.
Disassemble Number 5

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
2 months ago#5
The standalone client updates more efficiently, aside from that they're the same thing.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Am I better off...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived