• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. CWDT + Immortal Call + Temporal Chains + ?????

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
1 year ago#1
I'm having trouble figuring out what to put in this fourth slot. Right now it's Warlord's Mark (for Life Leech and Endurance Charges), but I don't have gear that allows for multiple curses on a target, so I don't think there's any situation where it's actually getting applied.

I've seen Frost Wall suggested in my searching a lot, but I don't think it would help much as an Oro Flicker build. It's starting to feel like Increased Duration or moving my golem in there are the only decent options, since there's apparently no skills to get Endurance Charges or Fortify that aren't a curse, mana reserve aura, or attack. Maybe Molten Shell (particularly if the damage that it absorb still counts towards proccing CWDT again).

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 year ago#2
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Enduring_Cry

Enduring Cry is a skill that generates Endurance Charges.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Endurance_charge

Otherwise you have a small selection of other sources.

Increased Duration would benefit both IC and Temp. So I would stick with that.
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
1 year ago#3
EC can no longer be triggered by CWDT. Unless you meant just socket it in that linkage to self-cast it.

Masamune_DS posted...
Increased Duration would benefit both IC and Temp. So I would stick with that.

This.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 year ago#4
Molten Shell's useful, but I'm a bit iffy on using it with CWDT. Using a higher level Cast When Damage Taken gem will let Molten Shell be more effective, but at the same time it slows down its usage rate. Likewise lower-level ones pop up more frequently but barely do any good.

Frankly, I'd be more inclined to do something like Vengeance + Cast on Crit/Melee Kill + Molten Shell so that you can level Molten Shell to max and have it cast on a more regular basis than a high-level CWDT would allow for.

As for getting endurance charges themselves, Vengeance + Stun + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Weapon Elemental Damage ought to be of some use in that regard if you don't want to take time to manually toss off Enduring Cries. The combination of Stun and ECoMS will reduce enemies' effective life by up to 69% for stun calculations, and while that won't be enough for you to get stuns on bosses it should, especially with WED, be enough to regularly stun trash/adds. If you go this route, however, then you may wish to invest in a Q20 gem since it's a 33% increase in Venceance's proc rate for only around 2 chaos.

If you use Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy and a fire leech Doryani's belt it can also allow for a bit extra healing. If you're doing a Shadow, Ranger, or Duelist then Cospri's Will will handle the extra curse while Windscream will be adequate for Duelists, Marauders, and Templars. Both are currently quite cheap, enough so that you cold probably pick them up for under two chaos.

No need to mention +1 curse gear for Witches since they have access to the standard +1 curse node as well as the Occultist's node.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
1 year ago#5
Marikhen posted...
Frankly, I'd be more inclined to do something like Vengeance + Cast on Crit/Melee Kill + Molten Shell so that you can level Molten Shell to max and have it cast on a more regular basis than a high-level CWDT would allow for.

Huh. I'd never heard of Vengeance being used by anyone before, so I assumed it was junk.

My crit rate is such that I should average one about every 3.5 seconds currently with just Flicker, so just those last two together might be enough.

Marikhen posted...
If you use Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy and a fire leech Doryani's belt it can also allow for a bit extra healing. If you're doing a Shadow, Ranger, or Duelist then Cospri's Will will handle the extra curse while Windscream will be adequate for Duelists, Marauders, and Templars. Both are currently quite cheap, enough so that you cold probably pick them up for under two chaos.

Blasphemy. Now there's one I should really look at. Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark + Flammability + Elemental Weakness/Assassin's Mark looks like a solid combo to run. I'm already running a Doryani + 0.4 Life Leech passive + Eye of Innocence, so I typically have 2.6% Life Leech. Was looking for a simple way to nearly double that, which is what lead me to Warlord's Mark.

I am Shadow, and I looked at Cospri originally, but I feel like I would lose too much from the bonuses Flicker gains from Bronn's Lithe.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 year ago#6
Some possibilities:
Phase run - I actually like this if theres nothing else I need, depending on build.
Arctic Breath - because chilled ground
Decoy totem - kinda slow though
Detonate dead / devouring totem - sometimes corpses are an annoyance.
Frost wall - I don't recall which side the wall appears on though, relative between you and the monster.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 year ago#7
Enclosure posted...
Detonate dead / devouring totem - sometimes corpses are an annoyance.

Devouring Totem might not last long enough to be effective due to the low level necessary for most CWDT chains. The Offering spells might be a better choice despite their cooldown since they can eat multiple corpses per cast and provide buffs for any golem(s) you might use.

Rajamic posted...
Huh. I'd never heard of Vengeance being used by anyone before, so I assumed it was junk.

Reckoning and Vengeance aren't junk, though Riposte probably is since it's only single-target without any real countervailing benefits except that it procs on dual-wield blocks as well as shield blocks, but they don't necessarily lend themselves well to many play styles.

I mean if you figure you've got a boss killer, an AoE spammer, a golem chain, your CWDT chain, and a movement skill chain and you're at five pieces of socketed gear out of 5 or, if you use sword & board or dual-wield, 6 they're not going to fit well unless they come in like that shield that grants a level 30 Vengeance which can then be buffed by the supports for the movement skill you socket into the shield.

Reckoning is damn good because it's somewhat ranged, AoE, and scales well with a max shield block character. Vengeance is a flat 30-40% chance to proc when you take damage, however, and the range can be a bit anemic, but using two-handers should increase the base range of the skill while Flicker Strike will help put you in the middle of mob packs more frequently.

I did a Cast on Crit character a few leagues back that got fairly reliable procs of Molten Shell and Tempest Shield from Vengeance, but that's four sockets for something that many players would rather just use 3 and a low-level CWDT to manage.

Rajamic posted...
I am Shadow, and I looked at Cospri originally, but I feel like I would lose too much from the bonuses Flicker gains from Bronn's Lithe.

It's pretty much your call, but hexproof is a map mod, yes? I can't recall having seen it, or cared if I did considering what many of my builds are like, but having a Cospri's Will with equal or comparable sockets would reduce the chances of needing to reroll or skip a map if it has that mod. I'm not suggesting using it all the time so much as having a Will around to hot-swap when it's needed.

Likewise it's probably the "best" source of +1 curses out there considering the costs of the other options. Doedre's Damning's 5% elemental resistance bonus is pretty anemic, Windscream's an armor-based item, the passive node could require a significant point investment if you're not already out that way for the fire/ignite passives or Mind Over Matter, and a corrupted amulet will be either a worse defensive hole than Doedre's Damning or more expensive, potentially significantly so.

If you do use Cospri's Will, however, then it might be worth considering also using The Embalmer gloves. The Embalmer packs a solid chaos resistance and life buff, but the fact that it adds chaos damage to both attacks and spells and provides L20 Vile Toxins to socketed gems is the real treat.

Run your Flicker Strike chain out of the gloves, if it's just 4 gems long at least, and you'll take advantage of Cospri's Will's 60% chance to poison cursed enemies thanks to The Embalmer's chaos damage while that chance to poison will make it easier to take advantage of Vile Toxins' non-scaling bonus. Specifically the 5% more, not increased, bonus to all damage dealt to a target per poison stack on it with supported skills.

Mind you that if you like what you're doing then you should keep doing it and just take, and modify, our suggestions to suit your desires. My suggestions are mainly "what if" type things to give you a better range of options to play with.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. CWDT + Immortal Call + Temporal Chains + ?????
  • Topic Archived