• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Which auras/heralds are best for elemental builds?

User Info: FlameLord23

FlameLord23
5 years ago#1
Thinking Ele cleave, but I'm not sure which ones to use. HoA and Hatred seem bad because they run off phys damage, which this build will lack. That leaves me with HoI, HoT, Wrath and Anger. HoT and HoI have really good effects but I wanna run fire damage as well with Anger. There's also the option of getting 1 set of elemental damage from weapons and gloves rather than running it. What's the best of the 6 (because HoA and Hatred might be the best).
"Mikey's the kind of person that would play TF2 and then complain about the Medic." ~ 7thWanderer
IGN: I Rock Ths

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
5 years ago#2
Herald of Ash and the Hatred aura are the only two you might have to watch out for. They do diddly for elemental spells, and if you use weapons that deal mostly elemental damage they're sub-par. If you do a "elemental build" whereby you have a significant amount of physical damage which you then convert to elemental damage, however, then Herald of Ash and Hatred can be useful.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: FlameLord23

FlameLord23
5 years ago#3
My idea was the second option which is why I was looking at the four. I'm debating going BM with HoI and HoT while finding ele damage and attack speed on gear. Probably swords but axes are also an option.
"Mikey's the kind of person that would play TF2 and then complain about the Medic." ~ 7thWanderer
IGN: I Rock Ths

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
5 years ago#4
Question depends on if you're gonna scale it with Phys Dmg or scale it with flat Ele damage.

FlameLord23 posted...
Thinking Ele cleave, but I'm not sure which ones to use. HoA and Hatred seem bad because they run off phys damage, which this build will lack. That leaves me with HoI, HoT, Wrath and Anger

What kind of Ele cleave, though?
- You can scale it off of Phys Dmg, which synergizes well with huge Physical Damage weapons, so 2Handers (Think 2H Spec Throw idea). With that being said, using a huge amount of Phys Dmg, percentage-based auras/heralds boost the damage by a lot, so Hatred/HoA
- You can also scale it off of Flat Ele Dmg, which don't require Physical Damage weapons but rather, high attack speed weapons, so 1Hs/Daggers (Think Ele Buzzsaw idea). With that being said, using a high amount of attack speed, flat-based auras/heralds boost the damage by a lot, so Anger/Wrath or HoI/HoT (or a combination)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/characters
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Which auras/heralds are best for elemental builds?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A