• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Anyone care to explain the trading/crafting part of this game?

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
6 years ago#1
Talk about being confused... I get a TON of drops, many are unidentified and I never have enough Scrolls of Wisdom to ID them so I just sell them as is to vendors. I get various shards or whatever and then I just store them in my shared storage.

WTF do I need to know to make sense out of all this? I'm just a noob trying to get more out of the game besides relying on simply gear drops. I know it's deeper than that...
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
6 years ago#2
Wisdom Scrolls become abundant pretty fast.

you can also sell an orb of alteration/transmutation for 4 wisdom scrolls each.

GCP (gemcutterprisms) are considered the standard currency at the pressent time.

Since its not standard gold it is possible that something else can become the standard later on in time because of varying reasons.

I personally dont know all the recipes myself as i am also quite new. I learn most of the stuff by watching chat and asking people when i see something i dont understand. Mostly everyone is prettty helpful in this game.

Selling unid items gives you shards for transmutation orbs.
Selling id items gives oyu shards for alteration orbs.
alchemy shards i still dont understand how to get but every now and than i get an alchemy shard when selling off my loot which is cool.

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
6 years ago#3
Thanks for that info Zaruen, that helps a bit. I just found this in another thread and it doesn't help the confusion. But I guess it helps to see how and why certain items sell for whatever... lol

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes#Shards_and_Fragments
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Anyone care to explain the trading/crafting part of this game?
  • Topic Archived