• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Only 2 types of people playing PoE?

User Info: ARPG_Master

ARPG_Master
6 years ago#1
Is it just elite a-holes and noobs playing this game right now?

Examples:

Elite a-hole - I'm far superior to all you puny casuals because I took the 2 minutes it takes to figure out the needlessly complex level system. Bow before my massive intellect. *Goes on to talk about taking everybody's loot while using the word "casuals" a few more times.*

Noob - skill system is too complex, everybody takes my loot, I die too much, etc...

This is pretty much all I see. Is there any middle ground here?

User Info: dxb020100

dxb020100
6 years ago#2
A good rule-of-thumb is the people you are referring to don't post too often on Gamefaqs.

User Info: dxb020100

dxb020100
6 years ago#3
Or in game chat.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
6 years ago#4
The 'Noob' you described is not a noob. They are trolls complaining about core deliberate mechanics of the game. You know what I ask when I'm a new to a game / board?

I ask for real help, and for tips. I don't cry about things that I know would be for worse if they were changed. I have much more respect for the 'elite's' you speak of.
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg

User Info: FrostyZaimok

FrostyZaimok
6 years ago#5
No, there is no middle ground what so ever. Your logical conclusion is completely logical.
Lose = Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
Loose = GameFAQS Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.

User Info: Jiga35

Jiga35
6 years ago#6
ARPG_Master posted...

Examples:

Elite a-hole - I'm far superior to all you puny casuals because I took the 2 minutes it takes to figure out the needlessly complex level system. Bow before my massive intellect. *Goes on to talk about taking everybody's loot while using the word "casuals" a few more times.*

Noob - skill system is too complex, everybody takes my loot, I die too much, etc...

Which type are you?
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
6 years ago#7
Jiga35 posted...
ARPG_Master posted...

Examples:

Which type are you?

my thoughts exactly

User Info: grubbybatsnow

grubbybatsnow
6 years ago#8
I am neither of those. I play solo, I understand the skill tree and have only asked one question in global chat (which was answered politely).
From what I have seen, most people are friendly and helpful with a scattering of trolls here and there.
Seven deadly sins. Seven ways to win. Seven holy paths to hell and your trip begins.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
6 years ago#9
what about the people who play this game just to be all hardcore, praising their love for D2 and bagging on D3 at every opportunity all over the public chat and forums?

ive seen lots of those lurking during my stint with this game.

me i dont like the key bindings, no mouse wheel click, the wheel only zooms, and alt caps lock and ctrl are unbindable for some reason. is there a way to fix this? with all these hotkeys its making it more difficult for me than it should be.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#10
blacklabelice posted...
what about the people who play this game just to be all hardcore, praising their love for D2 and bagging on D3 at every opportunity all over the public chat and forums?

ive seen lots of those lurking during my stint with this game.

me i dont like the key bindings, no mouse wheel click, the wheel only zooms, and alt caps lock and ctrl are unbindable for some reason. is there a way to fix this? with all these hotkeys its making it more difficult for me than it should be.

Uh I have a skill set to clicking my mouse wheel. You can also turn the zoom off in UI options.
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Only 2 types of people playing PoE?
  • Topic Archived