• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Games with other players, specifically summoners, making my computer overheat.

User Info: chaosedge88

chaosedge88
6 years ago#21
KarmicDragon1 posted...
I have the same problem, when I brought up the issue on the PoE forum all people said was "go back to D3". I'm trying to mess around with the ini file for now

QFT ^^

Any time anyone brings up any issues with PoE, its "Go back to D3", or "You're a casual", etc, etc.

I took their advice and went back to D3, and I'm enjoying it a whole lot more than this game.

User Info: 5171522

6 years ago#22
Cleaned out some dust inside the case, haven't encountered any overheating since.

Haha.
Not.

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
6 years ago#23
Rydis-Shiko posted...
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
Overheating isn't always a hardware issue. As several have mentioned many games have bad coding or memory "leaks" that can cause the hardware to think it needs to be used full throttle even when it isn't needed.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying you've never built a computer in your life.
I'm going out on a limb and saying that by built you mean put together parts others have "built" and then downloading the drivers. Not sure how that makes you an expert on coding software to not make hardware overheat.

We are by passing such reasons because if it was bad or faulty coding then more then himself would have this issue. If it was a driver issue.. anyone with same would have issues

Despite that.. if his card is 100% used during gameplay..it shouldn't overheat unless there is a hardware problem

I know dude, I love it. These kids come in here and try to act like they know anything about computers and talk about how if your CPU/GPU is running at 100% then your computer should overheat and shutdown.

@those PC experts: If you can't run PRIME95 for a few hours or play a game all day long then the problem is your PC, not the game.

While I agree that games like SC2 had issues that caused some people's computers to over-heat, the end result was still due to the user's computer. All the issue was, was that the menu didn't limit FPS causing people's computers to run the menu at 100+ FPS etc. People who had dust clogged fans and ****, who also idled on menu, ended up having their computers shut down. Normally this wouldn't have happened but people like that obviously have never pushed their computer to the limit.
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
6 years ago#24
5171522 posted...
Cleaned out some dust inside the case, haven't encountered any overheating since.

Haha.

o snap I jus read this

I love it xD
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
6 years ago#25
People should stress test their system the moment they feel they have reached a stable point, or if they aren't overclocking, then they should be stress testing it the moment it's built and every component is working properly.

Every new gaming rig I build I stress test with Prime95 for at least 48 to check my voltage and temps. After 30+ hours on Prime95, it should be safe to say that your system is stable for the most-part and will generally run smooth.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Games with other players, specifically summoners, making my computer overheat.
  • Topic Archived