• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Games with other players, specifically summoners, making my computer overheat.

User Info: TimeOfTheDark

TimeOfTheDark
6 years ago#11
My flame totems used to make my char and everyone else lag like hell. Had GMP linked to to it, so each stream stacked 5 times on itself.

Also full chain max LA archers used to lag people, but both those skills got nerfed hard.

User Info: Rydis-Shiko

Rydis-Shiko
6 years ago#12
Steamster posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Get a better computer. Or fix the flawed components in your PC. If you can put it together yourself.. your smart enough toknow tthe real issue here..

This is hilariously ignorant.

How so? If you have a high end PC you wouldn't be playing on lowest settings. If you put it together yourself you likely know how some hardware components work.

Either he is lying..thus get a better PC or the video card is flawed. Bad fan..bought used was oced and messed it up..who knows. Either way the card could be bad. System..chasis fan not working?. Its overheating when it shouldn't. That has nothing to do with either peoplein the game. Its hhardware related.. or he is a troll and lying.

So where is the said hilarious ignorance Mr Knight?
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
6 years ago#13
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Steamster posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Get a better computer. Or fix the flawed components in your PC. If you can put it together yourself.. your smart enough toknow tthe real issue here..

How so? If you have a high end PC you wouldn't be playing on lowest settings. If you put it together yourself you likely know how some hardware components work.

Either he is lying..thus get a better PC or the video card is flawed. Bad fan..bought used was oced and messed it up..who knows. Either way the card could be bad. System..chasis fan not working?. Its overheating when it shouldn't. That has nothing to do with either peoplein the game. Its hhardware related.. or he is a troll and lying.

So where is the said hilarious ignorance Mr Knight?

dont worry about steamster.. He pmd me the other day sounding like a psycho ex girlfriend going on about how he thought I was cool but not anymore.. I didnt even recognise his name. Talk about crazy.
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: Twinrova225

Twinrova225
6 years ago#14
Steamster posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

If something is overheating, it's because it's either not getting cooled enough (bad fan, heatsink), or it's overclcoked too much.

I've yet to hear of any one game forcing any computer component to overwork itself to the point it overheats.
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery

User Info: NuramaTheBD

NuramaTheBD
6 years ago#15
Twinrova225 posted...
Steamster posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

If something is overheating, it's because it's either not getting cooled enough (bad fan, heatsink), or it's overclcoked too much.

I've yet to hear of any one game forcing any computer component to overwork itself to the point it overheats.

Starcraft 2 start screen before the patch.
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User Info: Steamster

Steamster
6 years ago#16
Twinrova225 posted...
Steamster posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

Many, many games have had that happen due to memory leaks. Hell, some games had title screens that would overheat your GPU if you let it run.....

This is pretty irrelevant to my point, though. Just because someone can follow step-by-step diagrams and build a PC does not necessary imply that they can troubleshoot any and every problem that occurs.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
6 years ago#17
Steamster posted...
Twinrova225 posted...
Steamster posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

Many, many games have had that happen due to memory leaks. Hell, some games had title screens that would overheat your GPU if you let it run.....

This is pretty irrelevant to my point, though. Just because someone can follow step-by-step diagrams and build a PC does not necessary imply that they can troubleshoot any and every problem that occurs.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying you've never built a computer in your life.

Also TC, my rig is a high-end computer (check specs in signature) and I run everything maxed at 2560X1440 resolution with the occasional stutter here and there.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: TFHDeathUA709

TFHDeathUA709
6 years ago#18
Overheating isn't always a hardware issue. As several have mentioned many games have bad coding or memory "leaks" that can cause the hardware to think it needs to be used full throttle even when it isn't needed.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying you've never built a computer in your life.
I'm going out on a limb and saying that by built you mean put together parts others have "built" and then downloading the drivers. Not sure how that makes you an expert on coding software to not make hardware overheat.
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide

User Info: Rydis-Shiko

Rydis-Shiko
6 years ago#19
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
Overheating isn't always a hardware issue. As several have mentioned many games have bad coding or memory "leaks" that can cause the hardware to think it needs to be used full throttle even when it isn't needed.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that by built you mean put together parts others have "built" and then downloading the drivers. Not sure how that makes you an expert on coding software to not make hardware overheat.

We are by passing such reasons because if it was bad or faulty coding then more then himself would have this issue. If it was a driver issue.. anyone with same would have issues

Despite that.. if his card is 100% used during gameplay..it shouldn't overheat unless there is a hardware problem
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
6 years ago#20
I play the game on a 8 year old laptop with everything on high as a summoner so I highly doubt you have a high end pc of only a few months old.

If you're telling the truth then there is obviously something wrong with your pc because my laptop is pretty sucky but runs this game like a charm.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Games with other players, specifically summoners, making my computer overheat.
  • Topic Archived