• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Games with other players, specifically summoners, making my computer overheat.

User Info: 5171522

6 years ago#1
I have most of the graphics options set to their lowest options / off, minus the resolution, which always seems to revert to a "custom" full screen size when I start up the game.

Suggestions? I have a pretty high end computer, I built it myself a few months ago.
Not.

User Info: KarmicDragon1

KarmicDragon1
6 years ago#2
I have the same problem, when I brought up the issue on the PoE forum all people said was "go back to D3". I'm trying to mess around with the ini file for now
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt

User Info: Rydis-Shiko

Rydis-Shiko
6 years ago#3
Get a better computer. Or fix the flawed components in your PC. If you can put it together yourself.. your smart enough toknow tthe real issue here..
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
6 years ago#4
I can't say I play in groups to have ever noticed this problem, but usually overheating components come from lack of air flow or sub-par heat sink.

Try running this program.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

You can leave it running in the background while you play and when you exit the game you can look at the min/max temperatures of all your components. This will tell you exactly what is overheating.

My honest opinion would be that the graphics card is not getting enough air flow. One thing you can also do, that will give you a good idea of airflow, is to take the side off of your case while you play. If the temperatures are lower that way, you need more airflow. You can also run something like prime95 to heat the processor up pretty quick, or use a video card stress test to heat the video card up pretty quick.

Without knowing more specifics on your particular computer, which I personally don't want to get involved in a long discussion about, that's a pretty good starting point. I can tell you from personal experience that I once had a case, which I love, that I thought had great airflow. Turned out, not so much. It was fine until I started overclocking and put a second video card in and then the cards just couldn't get enough cool air to them.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#5
KarmicDragon1 posted...
I have the same problem, when I brought up the issue on the PoE forum all people said was "go back to D3". I'm trying to mess around with the ini file for now

So did you go back?
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
6 years ago#6
5171522 posted...
I have most of the graphics options set to their lowest options / off, minus the resolution, which always seems to revert to a "custom" full screen size when I start up the game.

Suggestions? I have a pretty high end computer, I built it myself a few months ago.

I love how you think your pc is 'high end' and you run this game on low. An intel igpu could run this game on better settings. Rofl
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
(message deleted)

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
6 years ago#8

What CPU / GPU / Power supply are you running?

I'm running Sli 560ti's overclocked with a i5 2500k and I have everything set max including AA and my PC is running like an ice-cube. My PC isn't even considered high end either. This game should be easily maxed for any PC with a decent graphics card.
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg

User Info: Rydis-Shiko

Rydis-Shiko
6 years ago#9
therickmu25 posted...

What CPU / GPU / Power supply are you running?

I'm running Sli 560ti's overclocked with a i5 2500k and I have everything set max including AA and my PC is running like an ice-cube. My PC isn't even considered high end either. This game should be easily maxed for any PC with a decent graphics card.

He is just trolling now.
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.

User Info: Steamster

Steamster
6 years ago#10
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Get a better computer. Or fix the flawed components in your PC. If you can put it together yourself.. your smart enough toknow tthe real issue here..

This is hilariously ignorant.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Games with other players, specifically summoners, making my computer overheat.
  • Topic Archived