• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Currency system is terrible

User Info: eco master

eco master
6 years ago#31
From: DignatoReRaised | Posted: 1/30/2013 6:32:19 PM | #030
People will horde all their currency items instead of using them, just like they did in closed beta.

They can do that, but they're missing out on being able to craft items. It's a choice they make.
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain

User Info: Runoth

Runoth
6 years ago#32
DignatoReRaised posted...
Succubus191 posted...
Runoth posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
QUESTION: Why do we have to identify anything to begin with? What purpose does it serve other than adding another layer of tedium to the looting process?

Because Scrolls of Wisdom, and in fact, the entire currency system is based around being consumable.

And this is what makes the currency system so great in PoE. It is like a self regulating economy with much less worry of inflation, I think it's brilliant to be honest.

It's a brilliant idea, but in practice I think it'll fall apart. People will horde all their currency items instead of using them, just like they did in closed beta.

Maybe. But if that ever happens, prices will supposedly get so ridiculous that it'll become more efficient to consume your currency to craft your own gear. When everybody realizes this, they'll start doing that, until prices drop and trading becomes popular again.

I can't say that will be the case once everyone starts wearing full sets of Uniques, but it's a damn impressive attempt to counteract inflation.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Currency system is terrible
  • Topic Archived