• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Currency system is terrible

User Info: DignatoReRaised

DignatoReRaised
6 years ago#21
profDEADPOOL posted...
The only items I ever pick up are things I can vendor for Chromatics, things with quality, and rares.

Then I'll pick up magics and normals that match the rares so I can trade for Augmentation Orbs.

And obviously I pick up any six links or 5 links that I find. Even normal they can be extremely valuable.

Don't you mean rares or uniques >_>

For which part? The only recipe using uniques is for an Orb of Chance as far as I know. I would never trade a unique unless I had duplicates anyway.

But yeah of course I pick up uniques too, if that's what you meant XD
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising

User Info: Nintendo guy

Nintendo guy
6 years ago#22
Iseley posted...
Three ID scrolls to buy a portal scroll. You have to sell at least 15 items to make those three ID scrolls. You can't carry 15 items at a time due to them using this inventory system. I fail to see how this is supposed to enhance the enjoyment of the game. It does the exact opposite.

Oh well, back to Torchlight 2.

This has to be a troll. Scrolls are a non-issue by like 30 minutes into the game, if not sooner.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#23
profDEADPOOL posted...
The only items I ever pick up are things I can vendor for Chromatics, things with quality, and rares.

Then I'll pick up magics and normals that match the rares so I can trade for Augmentation Orbs.

And obviously I pick up any six links or 5 links that I find. Even normal they can be extremely valuable.

Don't you mean rares or uniques >_>

For which part? The only recipe using uniques is for an Orb of Chance as far as I know. I would never trade a unique unless I had duplicates anyway.

But yeah of course I pick up uniques too, if that's what you meant XD

For the items you pick up list. But I was also being sarcastic and using it as more of a tag to help me build a guide of what to pick up >_>
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
6 years ago#24
QUESTION: Why do we have to identify anything to begin with? What purpose does it serve other than adding another layer of tedium to the looting process?
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: Jiga35

Jiga35
6 years ago#25
FrostyZaimok posted...
This game has really made playing "Spot the bads" far too easy.

Yes, it certainly has.

Path of Exile has expanded my understanding of the downfall of mankind in general.
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.

User Info: Obsidus

Obsidus
6 years ago#26
People that think the currency system in this game is bad are either wholly ignorant and talking out of their rear, are trolling, or are stupid. Portal/Wisdom Scrolls drop like mad, and the real currency are the upgrade items, which are also plentiful. Eliminating something as problem causing and archaic as gold is one of the best things this game did. People can still barter item for item if they want, or they can use the upgrade items as a form of currency. No more finding ways to grind and hoard millions of gold to get anything worthwhile, and then gold becomes nearly worthless in the long run, or there becomes a divide where everyone is either super rich, or hopelessly broke.
Cultivating an immunity to rebuttal is not a substitute for being correct.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#27
QUESTION: Why do we have to identify anything to begin with? What purpose does it serve other than adding another layer of tedium to the looting process?

Certain things you can get from vendors you get more of if it is unidentified
Chaos orbs being the big one. You get 2 per set if it is all unidentified.
So that is why.
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD

User Info: Runoth

Runoth
6 years ago#28
PathlessBullet posted...

Because Scrolls of Wisdom, and in fact, the entire currency system is based around being consumable.

User Info: Succubus191

Succubus191
6 years ago#29
Runoth posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

Because Scrolls of Wisdom, and in fact, the entire currency system is based around being consumable.

And this is what makes the currency system so great in PoE. It is like a self regulating economy with much less worry of inflation, I think it's brilliant to be honest.

User Info: DignatoReRaised

DignatoReRaised
6 years ago#30
Succubus191 posted...
Runoth posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

And this is what makes the currency system so great in PoE. It is like a self regulating economy with much less worry of inflation, I think it's brilliant to be honest.

It's a brilliant idea, but in practice I think it'll fall apart. People will horde all their currency items instead of using them, just like they did in closed beta.
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Currency system is terrible
  • Topic Archived