• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Currency system is terrible

User Info: Iseley

Iseley
6 years ago#1
Three ID scrolls to buy a portal scroll. You have to sell at least 15 items to make those three ID scrolls. You can't carry 15 items at a time due to them using this inventory system. I fail to see how this is supposed to enhance the enjoyment of the game. It does the exact opposite.

Oh well, back to Torchlight 2.
--=*Proud supporter of LGBT rights*=--
It's Ashley or Ash, not bro, or son, or man.

User Info: EgniWerdna

EgniWerdna
6 years ago#2
You'll have more ID scrolls than you know what to do with if you don't identify everything. Just sell the magic items you know you don't need. I have like 75 ID scrolls at level 28.
Hopefully all this mainstream success doesn't make pomegranate sell out. - TheLiarParadox
My band - www.facebook.com/fromfragileseeds Tell me if you like it.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
6 years ago#3
I have more scrolls and other modding items than I know what to do with. Pick up all the items you can, portal to town, then trade them in and keep repeating. Even if you can only hold a few items it still adds up to a lot of valuable stuff over time.

I do agree that Torchlight is better for managing these things. That pet system should be standard in all of these games.
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes(coming Spring 2013), Avengers Alliance, Path of Exile.

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
6 years ago#4
Use this to know what's worth picking up and what's not.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: eco master

eco master
6 years ago#5
Three ID scrolls to buy a portal scroll. You have to sell at least 15 items to make those three ID scrolls. You can't carry 15 items at a time due to them using this inventory system. I fail to see how this is supposed to enhance the enjoyment of the game. It does the exact opposite.

Oh well, back to Torchlight 2.

Why are you selling things to earn Portal and Wisdom scrolls? They drop like crazy.

I guess Torchlight 2 is more your things if this is too hard.
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain

User Info: xirishx

xirishx
6 years ago#6
Stop ID'ing everything (especially if it's not for your character and doesn't have amazing visible stats). Stop portaling to town to trade in more items for more ID scrolls.

You'll have more scrolls than you'll know what to do with soon.

I think the game was intentionally designed this way to discourage avid hoarding (IDing, portaling, and selling EVERY item to gain more currency). You can do that if you want, but it's intentionally tedious to encourage you to just keep playing, moving forward, and progressing your character. Especially at early levels. You don't need to amass a fortune and craft perfect gear when you're still in Normal mode. That's for the end game.

Just keep progressing and if you hit a difficulty spike, like a tough boss, you should have easily acquired enough currency along the way to upgrade your gear.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
6 years ago#7
Another obvious troll topic on this board. Are all the bottom feeders currently residing here?
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg

User Info: Steamster

Steamster
6 years ago#8
therickmu25 posted...
Another obvious troll topic on this board. Are all the bottom feeders currently residing here?

Free to play means all the kids can finally afford to download it.

And we all know how children tend to behave.

User Info: TimeOfTheDark

TimeOfTheDark
6 years ago#9
The currency system is indeed terrible, but the rest of the game is too.

User Info: Runoth

Runoth
6 years ago#10
Keeping a stock of Wisdom scrolls is tough in the beginning, especially if you identify everything. The trick is to not identify everything you pick up. Sure they sell for more identified, but at low levels, Wisdom scrolls are more useful to you than Alteration shards and other currency items. It gets better. Just be prudent.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Currency system is terrible
  • Topic Archived