• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Goddamnit...my main HC Mara just died.

User Info: Juicii

Juicii
6 years ago#1
Lvl 36 with pretty good gear and gems. ****! Was a little to trigger happy with leap slam and I leaped into a mob that one shot me.

Damnit.
http://i.imgur.com/HeNaU.gif http://i.imgur.com/LlgfH.gif
http://thelemongrove.tumblr.com/ - http://last.fm/user/j-doan

User Info: Steamster

Steamster
6 years ago#2
I had that same problem.

Except I took a screenshot as the server started lagging and I misjudged the significance of the slowdown... Oh well

User Info: sadjesture

sadjesture
6 years ago#3
were you near the end of act 3? Things can get a little bit crazy down at the last levels of lunaris temple

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#4
That must suck to be reborn on the normal game. F*** those losers!!!!!
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: GlickWick

GlickWick
6 years ago#5
L36 only takes like 4 hours to get, no big deal.

User Info: eco master

eco master
6 years ago#6

Well, yeah, it does. You can no longer progress on the HC ladder, which is the entire point of HC.
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#7
eco master posted...

Well, yeah, it does. You can no longer progress on the HC ladder, which is the entire point of HC.

Yeah it's almost like dying without the death or something.
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: eco master

eco master
6 years ago#8
Yeah it's almost like dying without the death or something.

You're given the option to keep playing for fun, but you lose the option to play for the ladder, which, again, is the entire point. You definitely die - you can no longer play hardcore mode on that character. It may as well be a permanent death if you're on hardcore mode. You no longer have the HC status - you're just a normal player now.

You have the death. If it doesn't bother you that you're no longer on HC, why play HC?
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain

User Info: __Curley__

__Curley__
6 years ago#9
Yeah its still the same idea. They let you continue playing the character so that your time invested isn't completely wasted or anything (outside of the fun you had), but players who want to challenge themselves with perma death will just make a new HC character.

Even if HC didn't exist, some people (less people) would replicate it by deleting characters after they die. Having the HC league just lets these people compete to see how strong they can get. without dieing.

It really has nothing to do with elitism or anything like that. Some people just enjoy the game more if dieing has such a huge penalty. It makes close calls much more intense, and boss fights much more fun.

User Info: chaosedge88

chaosedge88
6 years ago#10
GlickWick posted...
L36 only takes like 4 hours to get, no big deal.

Not from nothing it doesn't. You can't just rush this game using only what you find laying on the ground, running each map only once. I haven't seen any videos of anyone proving that is possible.

I can get a char to that level in 4 hours if I got gear and skill gems stashed.

If someone would do an entire normal run by doing no grinding at all, from scratch, and running maps only to progress the game, and solo, then I'd believe it. I hear a lot of talkers, but no proof.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Goddamnit...my main HC Mara just died.
  • Topic Archived