• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Best play style to "faceroll" my way to end game?

User Info: geno21

geno21
6 years ago#1
I've played around with a few different character types so far and I haven't really settled on one just yet. For my first real character though I just want a class that can very easily blast through all of the difficulties that I can basically use as an item mule for the rest of my characters. So I can just slap on a magic find set and get some awesome gear that will help me level and compete with other classes afterwards. What is a good style of play and skill tree concept that can help me very easily go through the game on all difficulties?
Unintentionally following in the footsteps of The_Great_Geno

User Info: llaW_Enots

llaW_Enots
6 years ago#2
Dual Totems of Lightning with minus to enemy resists.

Look up Kripp's YouTube video of OP, PoE skills.

User Info: BlazeAssassin

BlazeAssassin
6 years ago#3
Bump I'd like to know as well.

User Info: easymodexz

easymodexz
6 years ago#4
Simplest faceroll sounds like a 2h Marauder with +HP, +passive HP regen, +armor, blood mana, and the no-crit/no-miss passive.

Run around and hit things until they die. Stack strength and avoid crit passives.

User Info: chaosedge88

chaosedge88
6 years ago#5
They nerfed dual totems to where you can't do any damage directly yourself if you take the passive.

BUT, you can still throw curses out, or use minions, or indirect damage types like traps or mines. A popular combo is Remote mine + Arc, or shock nova. You can throw those out, and still use dual totems. Honestly, just use the remote mine.

chaosedge88
6 years ago#6
Either templar or Witch are the ideal classes for a dual totem build, just due to proximity to the dual totem passive. Although I'd prefer witch, because you get more spell damage earlier in the game than templar does.

You also want critical damage modifier, and a little bit of spell critical %. Critical damage is better.

Dual wield 2 spell damage daggers. The global critical % on daggers applies to spells, and dual wielding x2 daggers with 80% global means you get +160% critical chance on spells too. Couple that with other bonuses you can roll like spell damage % or lightning gem level ups on daggers and you can be boss. 1 gem level up could be worth a whole lot of spell damage % depending on the skill.

User Info: FluttershyPony

FluttershyPony
6 years ago#7
Marauders can feel pretty slow and boring since you just stack defense and never crit, also melee range and lack of 0-brain whole screen aoe abilities.

Rangers with all their elemental chaining/arcing/aoe bow skills that go through the screen make for facerolling and reliable damage.

Same for witches.

chaosedge88
6 years ago#8
FluttershyPony posted...
Marauders can feel pretty slow and boring since you just stack defense and never crit, also melee range and lack of 0-brain whole screen aoe abilities.

Rangers with all their elemental chaining/arcing/aoe bow skills that go through the screen make for facerolling and reliable damage.

Same for witches.

Yeah but good luck finding a chain gem right now. Too many people made a chain build to just figure out they won't be getting a chain gem any time soon so they rerolled.

Chain gem is drop-only. Its borderline insanity to make a build that requires it unless you got one in storage ahead of time.

User Info: FluttershyPony

FluttershyPony
6 years ago#9
>chain
>hits 2 extra targets
>50% damage penalty
>overall 150%

>LMP
>3 projectiles, -30% penalty
>overall 210%

>Fork
>splits in 2 after initial hit, -30% penalty
>overall 210%

Those morons can keep paying 3 GCPs for their chains while people with brains use better gems. Lightning shot auto-chains to 3 targets anyway, which is pretty good by default, and poison arrow being split/forked spreads the poison gas further.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Best play style to "faceroll" my way to end game?
  • Topic Archived