• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Best sword and board character?

User Info: Goonboo

Goonboo
6 years ago#1
I'm assuming the marauder... But do you guys think there is any other options. The duelist I think may be viable no?

I'm still pretty new to the game an I've really only tried making a summoner as that's always how I started d2. But I don't really enjoy that.

My go to for most games is the typical sword and board smash their face and tank stuff while beating down enemies with weapon and shield!
PSN: Goonboo86, feel free to add me as a friend!!

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
6 years ago#2
im a duelist sword and board.

armor, evasion rating, and block i find work nicely together...

You always have a decent amount of damage reduction , armor + evasion nodes, and both a chance to block and evade....

not to mention being able to take iron reflexes later on if you so choose and turn all your evasion into armor..

This is alot more viable as a duelist than it is a marauder. My opinions of course... i havent played past level 15 - 20 so im not the best judge for endgame of course.

User Info: webbc99

webbc99
6 years ago#3
ZaruenKosai posted...

You always have a decent amount of damage reduction , armor + evasion nodes, and both a chance to block and evade....

not to mention being able to take iron reflexes later on if you so choose and turn all your evasion into armor..

This is alot more viable as a duelist than it is a marauder. My opinions of course... i havent played past level 15 - 20 so im not the best judge for endgame of course.

Can't say I've tried it myself, but a lot of people say Duelist with Iron Reflexes is the best Sword and Board build you can make.
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
6 years ago#4
webbc99 posted...
ZaruenKosai posted...

Can't say I've tried it myself, but a lot of people say Duelist with Iron Reflexes is the best Sword and Board build you can make.

Sweet!

Earliest a duelist can get it if they rush is level 13,

i like to go a little slow and get some armor + Life regen + armor & evasion passives along the way instead of just 12 dexterity nodes...

kinda blah if you rush.. and you can still get it at level 20 - 25 no problem.

User Info: llaW_Enots

llaW_Enots
6 years ago#5
I beat Cruel mode in Closed Beta. And I've watched alot of Kripp videos, so I would suggest going Templar and looking up a build on the PoE forums.

A Templar can do what a Duelist can defensively but can also do more damage.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
6 years ago#6
A Marauder can do what a Templar can defensively but can also do more damage.
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Best sword and board character?
  • Topic Archived