• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Officially a top 100 game on GFAQs

User Info: FlameLord23

FlameLord23
6 years ago#1
Been on the top 100 for 4 days now. Thoughts?
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths

User Info: llaW_Enots

llaW_Enots
6 years ago#2
Well deserved. Kids don't know how hard it would be to get a F2P game like this 10 years ago. It would take 3 weeks to download while walking in the snow.

User Info: Gator1982

Gator1982
6 years ago#3
All the D3 supporters have seen the light.

Seriously, it's a nice, old school style ARPG.
Confucius say: He who thinks by the inch and talks by the yard deserves to be kicked by the foot.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
6 years ago#4
Too bad its not on the Top 10 PC games
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Gator1982

Gator1982
6 years ago#5
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Too bad its not on the Top 10 PC games

What bugs me more is why Skyrim is #1.
Confucius say: He who thinks by the inch and talks by the yard deserves to be kicked by the foot.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
6 years ago#6
FlameLord23 posted...

if it wasnt free, nobody would play it. If all games were free, im sure Hello Kitty and Justin Bieber Christmas Singalong would bump this game in terms of gamefaqs popularity. People like free stuff and flock to it like vultures. Its much harder to complain about something you dont like and give it bad reviews if you didnt have to spend any money on it and you didnt spend alot of time on it.

if this game costed $50+ like all the others. it would get trash ratings over how the servers cant handle a small load of people, the monsters are lame, the game is onoriginal and ripped off every aspect of its game from other games like diablo, final fantasy, and titan quest, only with outdated graphics, a story line that puts you to sleep, no auction house so you have to spam the hell out of public chat until you get muted or moderated, listen to everybody in public chat crying about diablo 3 because its been over half a year and they still cant get over it, a passive skill tree stolen straight from FF10 which is more big and tedious than it is useful, and quite frankly you get a couple hours into the game and you get bored fast until you make another character. rinse and repeat.

its a friggin loot simulator knockoff of other games that it wants to be but will never be. but its free, but hey. Its making Blizzard alot of money, just for all the butthurt D3 haters who play PoE just to talk about Diablo in chat every game. When people get bored and tired of PoE, maybe they will check out diablo to see what all the talk was about.

hopefully by full release, PoE will have sold enough $50 pets and $75 swords that glow to be able to obtain servers that dont make you wait forever in queue just to play, and when you do it wont crash and go down for maintenence.

some people like to feel like they are hardcore gamers and don't want to be like everybody else, so they all flock together and praise the hell out of a knockoff game that is mediocre, at best, just to get over their bitterness, while not seeing the big picture. Hey it looks like Diablo 2, and its not Diablo 3! Its even got a bit of final fantasy in it! this game is awesome. mind = blown!

Popularity means nothing. Two weeks ago, the #1 game on gfaqs for iPhone was My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic. Its probably still right up there too. Call of duty sucks. its been the same game for like 5 years now with a trash community of kids, and its still going to be popular. people like stupid trendy hipster things....especially if they are free, easy, and mindless.

thoughts? I didnt mean to offend anybody when i brought up my little pony into this thread. i know some of you faq'ers have a sensitive heart towards my little pony, for some god forsaken reason that i will never understand.

User Info: Jiga35

Jiga35
6 years ago#7
blacklabelice posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

if it wasnt free, nobody would play it. If all games were free, im sure Hello Kitty and Justin Bieber Christmas Singalong would bump this game in terms of gamefaqs popularity. People like free stuff and flock to it like vultures. Its much harder to complain about something you dont like and give it bad reviews if you didnt have to spend any money on it and you didnt spend alot of time on it.

if this game costed $50+ like all the others. it would get trash ratings over how the servers cant handle a small load of people, the monsters are lame, the game is onoriginal and ripped off every aspect of its game from other games like diablo, final fantasy, and titan quest, only with outdated graphics, a story line that puts you to sleep, no auction house so you have to spam the hell out of public chat until you get muted or moderated, listen to everybody in public chat crying about diablo 3 because its been over half a year and they still cant get over it, a passive skill tree stolen straight from FF10 which is more big and tedious than it is useful, and quite frankly you get a couple hours into the game and you get bored fast until you make another character. rinse and repeat.

its a friggin loot simulator knockoff of other games that it wants to be but will never be. but its free, but hey. Its making Blizzard alot of money, just for all the butthurt D3 haters who play PoE just to talk about Diablo in chat every game. When people get bored and tired of PoE, maybe they will check out diablo to see what all the talk was about.

hopefully by full release, PoE will have sold enough $50 pets and $75 swords that glow to be able to obtain servers that dont make you wait forever in queue just to play, and when you do it wont crash and go down for maintenence.

some people like to feel like they are hardcore gamers and don't want to be like everybody else, so they all flock together and praise the hell out of a knockoff game that is mediocre, at best, just to get over their bitterness, while not seeing the big picture. Hey it looks like Diablo 2, and its not Diablo 3! Its even got a bit of final fantasy in it! this game is awesome. mind = blown!

Popularity means nothing. Two weeks ago, the #1 game on gfaqs for iPhone was My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic. Its probably still right up there too. Call of duty sucks. its been the same game for like 5 years now with a trash community of kids, and its still going to be popular. people like stupid trendy hipster things....especially if they are free, easy, and mindless.

thoughts? I didnt mean to offend anybody when i brought up my little pony into this thread. i know some of you faq'ers have a sensitive heart towards my little pony, for some god forsaken reason that i will never understand.

I've already spent 100.00$ on this game, and I'm going to spend more, and the reason I've done that and am going to do it again is because it's f***ing excellent.

Gamers appreciate good games. They are rare these days.

So keep your meaningless analysis.
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.

blacklabelice
6 years ago#8
yeah after spending $100 on a beta game in development that just steals everything that was unique in other games, its no surprise why you would try to find anything to justify your purchase. i respect that

why is it so f'ing excellent? im still looking for that, mind you i havent played the hell out of it because after a while i didnt get attached and it just feels stale. right now i find more flaws and nuisances than positives. if i bought this game i would feel disappointed. thats just me though.

why is my feedback so meaningless? because i chose to play the game and give my own opinion, rather than to just regurgitate what everybody else is saying? because i didnt feel it was necessary or worth spending any of my money on it?? your opinion holds no weight then mine, just because you found a way to enjoy a knockoff game. meaningless to you, i know youve shelled out hundreds of dollars on virtual pets and glowing swords so i can see why youd want to tune that out. no hard feelings

let me guess, you are one of those hardcore hipsters that make a point of saying i've been playing game x since day 1, just to try to feel all hardcore and feel that your statement holds more weight? i see alot of that going around too. i havent played D2 since day 1, i i havent played final fantasy since day 1, but i have played them all and i can honestly tell you that part of the reason PoE has turned me off is because its stolen everything from those games that made them unique, and used it to try to build a name for itself as if it was some kind of brand new game. there is nothing new at all about it, and quite frankly waiting for the server queue and hoping it doesnt crash, or hoping i dont get banned for asking people to trade or do a rush with me isnt really all that enjoyable in terms of what i look for in a game.

User Info: KhelThuzad

KhelThuzad
6 years ago#9
blacklabelice posted...
yeah after spending $100 on a beta game in development that just steals everything that was unique in other games, its no surprise why you would try to find anything to justify your purchase. i respect that

why is it so f'ing excellent? im still looking for that, mind you i havent played the hell out of it because after a while i didnt get attached and it just feels stale. right now i find more flaws and nuisances than positives. if i bought this game i would feel disappointed. thats just me though.

You mean just like yoour beloved Diablo stole from Gauntlet?
Please shove your butthurtness where the sun don't shine and let gamers enjoy the game

PS: Every review I read on the net praised the game. So... it's only you.
carriers are synonymous with instantaneous-winination - parrot_of_adun
Doesnt work in inferno, the monsters kill you and farm you for gold instead - havok718

blacklabelice
6 years ago#10
what am i butthurt about? im just sharing my opinion. alot of you guys rush to spam your love for this mediocre game as if it was the best thing since sliced bread.

maybe ill go back to playing diablo so i can spam the party chat about how mad i am over my PoE experience. That seems to be all that goes on around here. People play the game just to talk about Diablo. They must be pretty bored of playing PoE by now i take it and will settle for anything and praise it as gods gift to RPG's, just as long as its not D3.

thats what my understanding is. i dont see whats so good about this game. really i dont. even being free, i feel ripped off. ripped off....just like this game is. you cant deny it. but the sad thing is they done such a bad job at it that it couldnt even draw my interest longer than 3 days

ill continue being 'butt hurt' and throwing out my meaningless opinions. after all anybody who can form their own opinions of how they feel about a game are all just trolling and butthurt, and their opinion holds no weight....well to the people who spend lots of money trying to enjoy this game or whatever i dont care.

the game doesnt live up to the hype. simple as that. if you dont like my opinion you can shove it. i dont go by reader reviews and meta scores to figure out if i enjoy a game and if its worth playing. i actually play the game and then decide. and from a knockoff game that could not even draw my interest at all in the first 5 hours, i can say from my own opinion that it is indeed crap and very dull. How am i supposed to grind it out for hundreds of hours if a game turns me off right off the bat? And thats after waiting 25 minutes in queue just to play on their choppy server.

you can read all the reviews you want. especially the ones that filter bad ones out and pay people to praise them for all i care. that doesnt change the experience that i had, nor will it change my opinion. if you havent found a negative review, maybe you need to get off of the PoE website and take a look around. Im sure there are plenty for this generic knockoff loot simulator that some others would call a RPG. You probably just ignore them and overlook the bad ones like a blatant fanboy would do i assume, because theres lots of nasty honest reviews lurking around. youre just tuning them all out.

heres an idea. other than being free, and its not D3, why dont you people who are in love with this game tell me what is so awesome about this game. Id really like to know. I mean other than stolen content. Even though the skill tree is huge, tedious, and not very thought out, at least it looks like FFX and final fantasy was a good game ill give it that. So lets put all of the knockoffs and stolen content aside for a minute, please enlighten me what is so awesome about this game? Does something mind blowing happen after i get past act 3? whats going to keep me playing? Why is this such a hardcore game, when all it is is an unpolished version of 3 other games combined into one just for visual appeal but not properly thought out and so poorly constructed that it cant even feel like its own game??

really help me out here because i tried to give this game a chance and it went stale fast. id like to know from the dude who spends hundreds of dollars on virtual character stuff, whats so f'ing excellent about this game keeps him fascinated and deep into this game.

i seen a whole lot of hype behind this game. OMFGZ its just like D2....blah blah. then i go and try it. Where its not the worst game ive tried, it downright sucks. Let me know when they can get some interesting monsters and maybe some kind of a storyline to with with it that wont put me to sleep. Oh yeah and their servers, yeah that would sure be nice. Embrace the queue!
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Officially a top 100 game on GFAQs
  • Topic Archived