• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#51
KhelThuzad posted...
There's a full passive tree on the site for people who want to test and prepare their character. There is absolutely no excuse for those that claim they screwed their character COMPLETELY.

How does using a passive tree out of game = in game test? Let's be realistic.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: PenguinKoala

PenguinKoala
6 years ago#52
Graybes posted...
Marcosisband posted...
Just trade for 100 regret orbs = full respec = win?

derp

People people people

THE LOGIC WAS ON THE FIRST PAGE!

WHY DO YOU IGNORE THE LOGIC?!

Because idiot gamers are too high on their horse to see the small fact that full respecs are technically in the game already.

"BUT RESPECS R 4 CAZUAL N00BS!1!! G0 BACK 2 DIABLO 3 N00BZ!!!"

Obviously we all know that exists. It's the option of getting full respec in one go that people are talking about.

Some people are far too ignorant to understand that though.
"I played through normal on D2, which was enough to tell me it wasn't as fun as Titan Quest or PSO." ~ Sinfullyvannila

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#53
PenguinKoala posted...
Graybes posted...
Marcosisband posted...
Just trade for 100 regret orbs = full respec = win?

derp

People people people

THE LOGIC WAS ON THE FIRST PAGE!

WHY DO YOU IGNORE THE LOGIC?!

Because idiot gamers are too high on their horse to see the small fact that full respecs are technically in the game already.

"BUT RESPECS R 4 CAZUAL N00BS!1!! G0 BACK 2 DIABLO 3 N00BZ!!!"

Obviously we all know that exists. It's the option of getting full respec in one go that people are talking about.

Some people are far too ignorant to understand that though.

No one's ignorant they know that exist thats not what they want.

Your argument of there should never be full respec is a bad one simply b/c YOU DONT HAVE TO USE IT....Its like if the game only shipped with hardcoremode.....and people asked for a softcore mode and you made a thread saying NO THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A SOFTCORE MODE....why? How would giving others the option effect your experience with the game?
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: Succubus191

Succubus191
6 years ago#54
A full respec will affect the longevity of the game by taking away a ton of replayability. It's not like it takes a long time to get to run endgame content, there is all ready quite a few players who have reached end game and it has been less than a week since launch.

The game gives you 24 character slots ... use 'em.

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
6 years ago#55
PenguinKoala posted...
D2 in the good days had no respec and that's what made it truly amazing.

r u stoop ore sum thin?
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
(message deleted)

User Info: Flame_Hazard

Flame_Hazard
6 years ago#57
..There's no respec? With that massive skill tree...?

Well it looked promising, but there goes my drive to dl this game >_> was literally just about to start it. There's no point though - I'd never start the game because I'd spend no less than a week real time deciding where to begin.
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.

User Info: PenguinKoala

PenguinKoala
6 years ago#58
Flame_Hazard posted...

Well it looked promising, but there goes my drive to dl this game >_> was literally just about to start it. There's no point though - I'd never start the game because I'd spend no less than a week real time deciding where to begin.

lol....
"I played through normal on D2, which was enough to tell me it wasn't as fun as Titan Quest or PSO." ~ Sinfullyvannila

User Info: webbc99

webbc99
6 years ago#59
Flame_Hazard posted...

I can actually sympathise with this, it took me so long to put in even my first point that the server died several times forcing me to do the initial beach bit 4 times before I got to the town lol.

The skilltree is not actually as mind-blowing as it looks. There are little "hot spots" which have an icon in the middle, which give strong bonuses which you want to work towards. Think of an idea for your character, check where your nearest hotspots are and work towards it.

My Shadow is going to use a Bow, and have super Attack Speed and Movement Speed. So I just found all of the Bow hotspots, worked out a path towards them that included as many attack speed and movement speed buffs as possible. Doesn't really matter if it's viable or not, I can always make another character, and play it completely differently.

This game is awesome.
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
6 years ago#60

Am I literally the only person who literally doesn't take posters who use the word "literally" in their posts seriously?

Also, how would you go about being figuratively about to download a game?
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER
  • Topic Archived