• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER

User Info: Nintendo guy

Nintendo guy
6 years ago#31
MASKOAAA posted...
Why not just give people the option? HC Mode = No Respec SC = Option to respec and you can choose not to.

There are plenty of other games that let you redo your whole build. If it bothers you that much, play one of those.

People need to understand that GGG made this for a specific audience, and if you're demanding full respec, you're obviously not a part of that intended audience. It's pretty damn selfish of someone to demand the one game that doesn't suit their tastes be changed to satisfy them, especially when they already have plenty of other games that give them what they want.

therickmu25 posted...
^ Even though I agree with him on this point, I hate that phrase, "if you don't like it don't play"

You see that kind of thing on a board riddled with kids. Someone will post a totally valid complaint like, "Hey my character falls through the map every time I try to shoot my gun" and the typical kid will say, "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T PLAY".

Makes you look bad.

Comparing a game-breaking bug to an intended, functional design choice?

Please don't attempt an analogy ever again.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#32
DignatoReRaised posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Jiga35 posted...
PKMNsony posted...
I'm not a D3 fanboy, and I'd like full respec. I hate grinding, and I would hate to grind a new character because I found out I had messed up my character.

The company that made this game is called Grinding Gear Games.

I suggest you look elsewhere.

Um pretty sure they are referring to "gears" grinding not grinding for "gear". I suggest you look elsewhere.

It's a play on words. The Grinding Gears are their logos, but in their only current game you have to grind for gear.

It's clever. Not that I'd expect you to be able to understand that.

there is nothing to understand. As I know most of the people who play these games will start whining once the grind kicks in. Not that I expect you to understand that.
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: chaosedge88

chaosedge88
6 years ago#33
PenguinKoala posted...
You D3 fanboys need to stop demanding full respec.

D2 in the good days had no respec and that's what made it truly amazing.
Respec added recently to D2 was just stupid.

I LOL'd. So you thought D2 was great just because you couldn't respec? Do you even like ARPGs? I could point you to a ton of other games with no respec option, would you think they're all great too just for that one reason?

User Info: Graybes

Graybes
6 years ago#34
Step 1: Complain about Diablo 3 and how hard it is and how long it takes to farm good items
Step 2: Switch to PoE and make fun of people who say they don't like grinding

These are the steps all idiot gamers take.
http://i.imgur.com/uNhRK.gif

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#35
Graybes posted...
Step 1: Complain about Diablo 3 and how hard it is and how long it takes to farm good items

^^^exactly.

User Info: shunkeatenemy

shunkeatenemy
6 years ago#36
Succubus191 posted...
PKMNsony posted...
I hate grinding

Are you in the right game forum?

Rerolling high level characters because you put 2 dozen points in the wrong passives isn't grinding it's god awful tedium.
Can't we all just get a long... stick to beat the crap outta each other with?

User Info: Gator1982

Gator1982
6 years ago#37
Graybes posted...

Who says you have to farm in D3? All you have to do is shell out $100+ and become a god
like most of those D3 idiot gamers did. ;P
Confucius say: He who thinks by the inch and talks by the yard deserves to be kicked by the foot.

User Info: Nintendo guy

Nintendo guy
6 years ago#38
shunkeatenemy posted...
Succubus191 posted...
PKMNsony posted...
I hate grinding

Are you in the right game forum?

Rerolling high level characters because you put 2 dozen points in the wrong passives isn't grinding it's god awful tedium.

Who's fault is it you made it to that high of a level even though you knew you messed up your build?

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#39
Gator1982 posted...
Graybes posted...

Who says you have to farm in D3? All you have to do is shell out $100+ and become a god
like most of those D3 idiot gamers did. ;P

They sure did and then turned around and complained that the AH sucks and the phat lewtz sucks and the game was too hard and so on and so on.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#40
Nintendo guy posted...
MASKOAAA posted...
Why not just give people the option? HC Mode = No Respec SC = Option to respec and you can choose not to.

There are plenty of other games that let you redo your whole build. If it bothers you that much, play one of those.

People need to understand that GGG made this for a specific audience, and if you're demanding full respec, you're obviously not a part of that intended audience. It's pretty damn selfish of someone to demand the one game that doesn't suit their tastes be changed to satisfy them, especially when they already have plenty of other games that give them what they want.

.....I'm stumped here....

Giving players an option THEY CAN CHOOSE NOT TO USE is a selfish request? OOOO Please explain.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER
  • Topic Archived