• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER

User Info: Chaosinferno825

Chaosinferno825
6 years ago#21
PKMNsony posted...
I'm not a D3 fanboy, and I'd like full respec. I hate grinding, and I would hate to grind a new character because I found out I had messed up my character.

This, and I also enjoy experimenting with builds.
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_15
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity

User Info: Succubus191

Succubus191
6 years ago#22
PKMNsony posted...
I hate grinding

Are you in the right game forum?

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
6 years ago#23
jaredt13 posted...
I don't really see the harm in giving each character a 1-time use full re-spec when they get to end-game. This would encourage experimentation without being completely imbalanced (unlimited respecs would be bad), and it would allow new players to be able to build the character the way they want to without having to worry about completely screwing everything up.

The harm is this...

If someone is interested in PvP, people will use one build to level quickly, and then respec to a PvP build.

Or it just makes leveling pointless at all. Instead of a free respec, why not just start everyone out at end game?

Personally, I like a game that rewards good choices, not a game that promotes bad choices. There is a niche market that this game is made for. Those people don't want respecs in this game. For PoE to be successful, they will listen to their niche market, not the "I want it now" market., because they know that market will not support them long-term anyway.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: Chaosinferno825

Chaosinferno825
6 years ago#24
Hahaha
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_15
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity

User Info: Jiga35

Jiga35
6 years ago#25
PKMNsony posted...
I'm not a D3 fanboy, and I'd like full respec. I hate grinding, and I would hate to grind a new character because I found out I had messed up my character.

The company that made this game is called Grinding Gear Games.

I suggest you look elsewhere.
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.

User Info: PKMNsony

PKMNsony
6 years ago#26
Jiga35 posted...
PKMNsony posted...

Well, BioWare games aren't very poisonous and EA games aren't very artful, so...

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#27
Jiga35 posted...
PKMNsony posted...

Um pretty sure they are referring to "gears" grinding not grinding for "gear". I suggest you look elsewhere.
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: llaW_Enots

llaW_Enots
6 years ago#28
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Its in high demand if you turn on Global Chat.

Give it a few weeks. Orb of Respec will be sold as a microtransaction.

I would support this. But not a free in game option other than getting Orbs of Regret. Maybe years later like in D2 when everything has been done a thousand times.

User Info: DignatoReRaised

DignatoReRaised
6 years ago#29
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Jiga35 posted...
PKMNsony posted...

Um pretty sure they are referring to "gears" grinding not grinding for "gear". I suggest you look elsewhere.

It's a play on words. The Grinding Gears are their logos, but in their only current game you have to grind for gear.

It's clever. Not that I'd expect you to be able to understand that.
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising

User Info: KhelThuzad

KhelThuzad
6 years ago#30
DignatoReRaised posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Jiga35 posted...
PKMNsony posted...

It's a play on words. The Grinding Gears are their logos, but in their only current game you have to grind for gear.

It's clever. Not that I'd expect you to be able to understand that.

Some dev even pointed that out. But I guess a D3 fanboy would know better.
carriers are synonymous with instantaneous-winination - parrot_of_adun
Doesnt work in inferno, the monsters kill you and farm you for gold instead - havok718
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER
  • Topic Archived