• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER

User Info: jaredt13

jaredt13
6 years ago#11
I don't really see the harm in giving each character a 1-time use full re-spec when they get to end-game. This would encourage experimentation without being completely imbalanced (unlimited respecs would be bad), and it would allow new players to be able to build the character the way they want to without having to worry about completely screwing everything up.
"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User Info: James Mason

James Mason
6 years ago#12
I think giving people one full respec per character would be okay, especially if said respec unlocks once only when you get to the hardest difficulty settings and a certain minimum level (70-80 or something) ... And it's a one time deal...

For new players that fumbled their build, if they mustered the courage to stick with it till lvl 80 even though it's barely viable, they would get a chance to fix their character with what they learned...

For people with already great builds, it could be a way to shave a couple points or try something else once you have your endgame gear (for example, if you never run out of mana, maybe you can remove a couple steps into mana territory, etc).

It could be kept as a Joker in case GGG nerfs your build...

Finally, for those that really want to reinvent their character (Flavor of the Month build they find booring to play), they would have a single chance to try something new...

I say, why not...
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
6 years ago#13
Its in high demand if you turn on Global Chat.

Give it a few weeks. Orb of Respec will be sold as a microtransaction.
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: swimnhawk

swimnhawk
6 years ago#14
And D2 had the cow level so that your friend can rush you through nightmare or hell and boom sucking off of other people to insta level. The 1 respec per difficulty level that d2 did in later patches was fine. Better than having people begging for rushes in chat
peace and love my friends

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
6 years ago#15
And D2 had the cow level so that your friend can rush you through nightmare or hell and boom sucking off of other people to insta level. The 1 respec per difficulty level that d2 did in later patches was fine. Better than having people begging for rushes in chat

Don't forget the "collect the items for a respec" thing too. ;-)
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.

User Info: Marcosisband

Marcosisband
6 years ago#16
Just trade for 100 regret orbs = full respec = win?

derp

User Info: Ravenoussd

Ravenoussd
6 years ago#17
You already have a full respec available. Limited only by how many orbs you can find/trade for.
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult

User Info: PKMNsony

PKMNsony
6 years ago#18
I'm not a D3 fanboy, and I'd like full respec. I hate grinding, and I would hate to grind a new character because I found out I had messed up my character.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#19
Your tears will be salty and delicious when a respect token can be bought from the cash shop.
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: Chaosinferno825

Chaosinferno825
6 years ago#20
I don't see a point here beyond whining. If you don't like it, don't use it.
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_15
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. No Full RESPEC EVER
  • Topic Archived