• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Why can't we choose a gender for each class?

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#1
Honestly that is the one change I would really like for their to be. I wanna be able to choose whether I am male or female no matter what class I use :(
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
6 years ago#2
What are you, a sexist?
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#3
What are you, a sexist?

I just have a really good reference name I want to use for a witch/warlock but it only makes since on a male.
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
6 years ago#4
You can though. All you have to do is pick a male or female character at the beginning and then play it how you want.
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: Zonte II

Zonte II
6 years ago#5
They will be adding gender options as a microtransaction at a later date, according to one of the dev diary entries.
Words you need your ass kicked for saying: tanky, toon, tinfoil hat, tasty, win, epic, fail, legit, roll, facetank, ITT, derp, herp, rose tinted

User Info: Carpetpeer

Carpetpeer
6 years ago#6
They want to do that in the future.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/294959148288856064

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#7
You can though. All you have to do is pick a male or female character at the beginning and then play it how you want.

Well I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult to build a shadow to become a spell focused person. But I would prefer otherwise

They will be adding gender options as a microtransaction at a later date, according to one of the dev diary entries.

Sweet. There was actually nothing currently in the microtrasactions I want that much but I did def want to support the game so once those are added I will get some.

*goes to make a character with the name I want so that no one else can take it so long*

User Info: DarkPsycho

DarkPsycho
6 years ago#8
Early in the beta they were asked this and posted some numbers, I can't find the actual post, but I do believe it was something along the lines of roughly $300k per Sex swap, because of the work put into new animations, voice acting, ect. So they said while it was something they would like to do, money was the biggest issue with doing it. So now, with the relative success of the game, I'd say time and manpower is the biggest issue.

Note: I'm going off my memory of something I read awhile ago, so you might want to take most of this with a grain of salt.
At any given moment I think of about a thousand things,
Don't worry only four involve killing you. ^_^

User Info: Steamster

Steamster
6 years ago#9
profDEADPOOL posted...
What are you, a sexist?

I just have a really good reference name I want to use for a witch/warlock but it only makes since on a male.

Create a Shadow, then.

profDEADPOOL
6 years ago#10
profDEADPOOL posted...
What are you, a sexist?

Create a Shadow, then.

But I wanna start with just intelligence >_>

I don't know. It is just honestly the biggest thing missing to me so far.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Why can't we choose a gender for each class?
  • Topic Archived