• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in this game.

User Info: The_tall_midget

The_tall_midget
6 years ago#41
Graphics are important?

Sorry, that might be the case for the generation kewl d3wdz but real gamers look at gameplay first and foremost.
Rule 1 of anything that makes no sense : Wizard did it.

User Info: HappyDaze1

HappyDaze1
6 years ago#42
kyntrel posted...
i applaud karmic for making people take him seriously somehow. he is like some crazy gamefaqs troll wizard that has an insane spell casted that masks his sarcasm/being a smart ass to many people

Take him seriously? 99% of people in this thread see right through his bull s*** immediately.

I'm guessing you're his alt.

Necro'd his worthless topic and defending him.

yawn/10

User Info: kyntrel

kyntrel
6 years ago#43
HappyDaze1 posted...
kyntrel posted...
i applaud karmic for making people take him seriously somehow. he is like some crazy gamefaqs troll wizard that has an insane spell casted that masks his sarcasm/being a smart ass to many people

Take him seriously? 99% of people in this thread see right through his bull s*** immediately.

yawn/10

someone is a little touchy eh? ok yes u caught me im karmics alt.... yepp. i guess my name startin with K and karmic starting with K was obvious give away...
Know who else trolls?? MY MOM!!

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
6 years ago#44
At least you know you can move on now tc. I doubt your story changed anyones mind.
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us

User Info: derrate

derrate
6 years ago#45
I'm curious what games karmicdragon actually likes. I only see him trolling every single game that comes out.

User Info: llaW_Enots

llaW_Enots
6 years ago#46
derrate posted...
I'm curious what games karmicdragon actually likes. I only see him trolling every single game that comes out.

he likes Diablo 3 it seems.

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
6 years ago#47
HappyDaze1 posted...
kyntrel posted...

yawn/10

This is what people on Gamefaqs consider "Necroing"? Really?

In any event wouldn't the best solution be to just add Karmic to ones ignore list and keep it moving?
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
6 years ago#48
No Auction House?

That's a deal breaker right there. It's 2013, get with the times.
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion

User Info: XxRiSoNxX

XxRiSoNxX
6 years ago#49
KarmicDragon1 posted...
I can appreciate the efforts they put into the game, but it has a ton of flaws which cause me to enjoy the game a bit less than I would like to.

First off, no cinematics? Cinematics have always been the A and O when it comes to ARPGs, and the fact that there are none of them just feels off.

Graphics. Let's face it, we live in a time where graphics mean more to a game than anything else, and the fact that this game doesn't run DX11 just makes it feel unplayable to me.

The fact that you have to be online to play it further detracts from the experience. There also doesn't seem to be an auction house to make it easier to get items. What's the logic behind that?

I'm also not convinced by the whole "sphere grid" thing. Sure, people will go on and on about how there's 2000000000000 billion ways to build your character, but how many of those are actually good and viable? Maybe 4-5 per class at MOST.

Overall I feel like the game doesn't quite know what it wants to be.

Cinematic scenes aren't needed, imo. Considering how small the team is, how limited their funds are, putting cinematic scenes in the game would have detracted not only time, but resources from the game itself.

Graphics are fine, for me anyway. Should have seen them in early CB before the refinement process. ;) Also, DX11 is more of a resource hog than any actual improvement on visuals in the long term.

The grid isn't for everyone. I've heard others express it was just too overwhelming, etc etc. Also, I've played a viable Marauder who relied as much on magic (zombies/skeletons to be exact) as he did his own skills. lol They made good meat puppets to draw heat off him.

I could build any class 8-10 different ways and each be viable, just some require more work than others.

Even with my stated words... your opinion is yours and I've heard similar from others, I just disagree with most of it. ^_^
Currently streaming: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, NBA 2K13 (pending release). http://www.twitch.tv/zalsphere Feel free to drop in, comment or chat. ^_^

User Info: rootbeer121

rootbeer121
6 years ago#50
KarmicDragon1 posted...
I can appreciate the efforts they put into the game, but it has a ton of flaws which cause me to enjoy the game a bit less than I would like to.

First off, no cinematics? Cinematics have always been the A and O when it comes to ARPGs, and the fact that there are none of them just feels off.

Graphics. Let's face it, we live in a time where graphics mean more to a game than anything else, and the fact that this game doesn't run DX11 just makes it feel unplayable to me.

The fact that you have to be online to play it further detracts from the experience. There also doesn't seem to be an auction house to make it easier to get items. What's the logic behind that?

I'm also not convinced by the whole "sphere grid" thing. Sure, people will go on and on about how there's 2000000000000 billion ways to build your character, but how many of those are actually good and viable? Maybe 4-5 per class at MOST.

Overall I feel like the game doesn't quite know what it wants to be.

1. Cinematics are not necessary. Those are just eye candy.
2. Graphics are really good, especially for an indie developer.
3. Most homes nowadays have an internet connection, and since it's a free game, you have to have an internet connection to download it anyway. But if you want offline mode, a dev confirmed in-game a couple of days ago that they are working on it.
4. It doesn't matter what's "good" and "viable" in this game. Unless you are an idiot and do like, magic on a marauder, every build works quite well. This isn't like Diablo 3.
Work Desktop: i7-3930k | 32GB DDR3 | PNY Nvidia Quadro 6000 4GB
Gaming Desktop: i5-3570k | 8GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 680
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in this game.
  • Topic Archived