• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution
  3. Dawn of War 3 - What We Know So Far

User Info: gogators4life

gogators4life
9 years ago#1
Relic is developing Dawn of War 3, even though it is still in early stages of development, we do have some details on it. Here is what we know on it so far,

Customize your own army - One of the biggest feature for Dawn of War 3 is the ability to create your own army, much beyond the army painter of course. At the end of the day, your army and my army should play out differently, that's the goal Relic is trying to aim at.

A Progressive System - Is going to have a much larger strategic component to it, more of a global battle going on with little tactical things, sort of MMO-like.

Top notch Visuals - Just like every Relic RTS, DOW 3 will have "jaw dropping" visuals. According to Relic that is.

Larger Scale - DOW 3 will have bigger scale than in DOW 2, although by how much is still remains to be seen.

More info to come as time goes by.

User Info: Vuud

Vuud
9 years ago#2

Where are you getting this info?

And this new online 'MMO' type thing sounds a lot like Shogun 2's multiplayer semi-campaign thing, which is nice.

User Info: _Margulis_

_Margulis_
9 years ago#3

I bet they pull features over from Company of Heroes Online, which will make me disappointed.

Pulling stuff over from a free to play multiplayer game that is supported with micro-transaction means we will be in payed DLC hell and seeing how well DOW2s stuff is priced it will probably be something like $10 for a new hat and $25 for a new commander unit or something ridiculous like that.

gogators4life
9 years ago#4
Actually, DOW 3 would of been free to play if COHO succeed, but we all know it didn't. So no, DOW 3 won't be a pay to win type of game.

_Margulis_
9 years ago#5

I'm not saying it will be a free to play multiplayer game supported by micro-transactions. I'm saying I bet they set it up so they can pile payed DLC into every nook and cranny of the game like special units, commanders, costumes, abilities, armies, maps and other BS like they do in CoHO. That's what I get when I read the description for DoW3.

Also, CoHO probably failed because who in China or Korea wants to play a 5ish year old RTS that they've probably already pirated set during WW2 that doesn't have any have half naked woman in it waving magic wands or wierd baby adults with giant eyes or the word Starcraft in the title, and anyone in North America or Europe that wanted it probably already bought CoH when it came out.

User Info: Vuud

Vuud
9 years ago#6

Well we sure as hell know from Retribution that Relic LOVES them some DLCs.

IMO Relic should steer clear of microtransactions that affect gameplay, like having to buy individual units. DoW cannot hope to be anywhere near as popular as SC2 (something I'll never understand) and when they start nickel and diming people for content in a game they already paid full price for, it'll just drive more people away.

gogators4life
9 years ago#7
I can't imagine them doing a COHO system, I just can't, and I don't think it will happen. If there is paid content, I think it will be in form of cosmetic or single player.

User Info: Zeran_kariashi

Zeran_kariashi
9 years ago#8
I'm just waiting for Dark Millennium.......DoW 2 was very disappointing, compared to DOW 1, and if they can't strike a good balance between the 2, I'll just stick with Tabletop for my 40K fix till then.

_Margulis_
9 years ago#9

Yeah, I agree that DoW1 was probably a better game than DoW2. I still wish they would have made Company of Heroes: Warhammer 40K though, the original Company of Heroes before the balance patch/expansion mutilation was a really deep and satisfying game to play (now it kind of plays like DoW2, but with more explosions, no melee combat and an intolerable amount of bugs and glitches).

Dark Millennium lost me when they said it will be familiar to anyone that has played WoW before. Also, I found out SOE is making a Planetside 2. Which is what DM should be IMO, so I think that's the MMO for me.

User Info: omenodebander

omenodebander
9 years ago#10

_Margulis_ posted...

Yeah, I agree that DoW1 was probably a better game than DoW2. I still wish they would have made Company of Heroes: Warhammer 40K though, the original Company of Heroes before the balance patch/expansion mutilation was a really deep and satisfying game to play (now it kind of plays like DoW2, but with more explosions, no melee combat and an intolerable amount of bugs and glitches).

Dark Millennium lost me when they said it will be familiar to anyone that has played WoW before. Also, I found out SOE is making a Planetside 2. Which is what DM should be IMO, so I think that's the MMO for me.

nOLSTAGIA

1. Boards
  2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution
  3. Dawn of War 3 - What We Know So Far
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A