• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. freezing issue

User Info: ragin_rebel

ragin_rebel
8 months ago#1
I've finally decided to tackle the Mass Effect trilogy after too many years (and losing my save in ME1); beaten 1 and currently on 2. I went to the Citadel first and then decided to go ahead and do Kasumi's mission (really enjoyed that one BTW). When I finished and went back to the ship, I talked to Miranda and Jacob, then went to the private terminal and just randomly checked on team status. When I did so, it briefly froze before the screen went all weird, kind of static-like. I reset the console and started the game again, went back to talk to Jacob again (it had saved my talking to Miranda but not Jacob) and tried the private terminal again. Same thing but this time I gave it a few seconds and after the screen went weird again, it loaded the team status screen. So I thought it was all good... until I tried to exit and it just froze - there was sound, but nothing despite me pressing every button on the controller and waiting a good couple of minutes. The only thing I could think of that might've been somewhat of a cause was that I was quickly switching Kasumi's outfit back and forth and then tried to exit quickly, but I really don't know if it was that or something else entirely. Anyway, another reset, another round of pulling fingernails with ol' Jacob, and this time I just avoided the hell out of the terminal for fear of the same thing happening a third time. Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, is there any way to fix it or prevent it from reoccurring? Thanks in advance.

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
8 months ago#2
Never happened to me but all 3 games have frozen on me on PS3. You could try rebuilding database, it helps immensely with issues like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxwwt97_8c&ab_channel=PS3Blog.net

I had a god damned P L A N

User Info: Shuu_Shirakawa

Shuu_Shirakawa
3 months ago#3
I get some freeze issues too.

The team screen that you're talking about and during a loading when taking the elevator in the Normandy.

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
3 months ago#4
Might as well grab the Legendary Edition later this month. Better architecture to work with than the barely stable PS3 versions.
The large amount of underage characters is probably because Tekken's main audience age group is teenagers as shown in the ESRB rating.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. freezing issue
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A