• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Pseudo-Vanguard Build

User Info: Jageshemash

Jageshemash
1 year ago#1
This is a build I’ve been experimenting with during my replay of the trilogy. It’s a Sentinel build that lets you also play as a Vanguard at the same time.

First, max out Tech Armor and Bastion to give you half shields on detonation and 30% cooldown increase.

Next, take Flashbang Grenades as a Bonus Power and upgrade radius.

Finally, pick shotguns for Advanced Weapons Training.

Here’s how to play: Knock down group of enemies with Flashbang Grenade, run up and soak damage with Tech Armor, double tap all downed enemies with Scimitar shotgun. If Tech Armor is destroyed, immediately restore it with Bastion’s cooldown bonus.

And there you have it. A build that lets you do exactly what the Vanguard build is designed around while still letting you enjoy being a Sentinel can-opener.

Honestly, I would argue this is a better Vanguard than Vanguard since it’s so much easier to take out multiple enemies at once. It may not be as flashy without the Biotic Charge, but it’s just as, if not more effective.
STOP THE VIOLENCE! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Pseudo-Vanguard Build
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A