• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Lose Mirandas Loyalty

User Info: shadowsoul3

shadowsoul3
3 years ago#1
I can't stand her. She is a self righteous know-it-all and I want her dead. I just did her loyalty mission then afterwards her and Jack were fighting. I told Miranda to back off and now she says we are not good even remotely. But I did not get any messages at my terminal telling me I lost her loyalty. I WANT to lose her loyalty. I want her dead. Can someone help explain to me how I can successfully kill her off?

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
3 years ago#2
shadowsoul3 posted...
I told Miranda to back off and now she says we are not good even remotely. But I did not get any messages at my terminal telling me I lost her loyalty.

You should have lost her loyalty if you sided with Jack. There will be no messages or anything on your terminal that tells you this has happened.

If she is still loyal despite siding against her in the argument, then a bug has happened and there's no way to fix it, bar reloading, trying again and hoping the bug doesn't happen. Or save editing, but considering you're playing this on a PS3 I doubt this would be possible.

shadowsoul3 posted...
I want her dead. Can someone help explain to me how I can successfully kill her off?

Loyal Miranda is borderline immortal, mind you.

Are you prepared to kill off a ton of other squadmates as well just so you could off her? Ask yourself.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/76125431

shadowsoul3
3 years ago#3
Yes. I am prepared for that. She has disagreed with me on everything I've done and if it were up to her then I wouldn't have half my squad anyway. She said she doesn't have the time to report to the illusive man every time I've screwed up!? Sheppard has never screwed up once. At all. She started a fight with Jack saying that Cerberus wasn't responsible for what they did to her!? I don't need "people" like that on my team. I don't want people like that on my team. I won't have people like that on my team. No matter the cost. Having the likes of her around would be a far graver cost. And your right; I checked and she is not loyal.

I hate her smug face. I hate how she is centered among squadmates when you pick two to accompany you. I hate how the programmers have so obviously set her up to be Male Sheppards romance. I have always disliked her and have used her as little as possible.

Distant_Rainbow
3 years ago#4
Fine then.

First off, stop recruiting people or doing loyalty quests. Make sure as many people are not loyal as possible.

If too many people besides Jack and Miranda are already loyal then I won't even bother posting further help on this issue since you've already made killing Miranda impossible.

Reply with the following information if you want more advice:

1) Which squadmates you have recruited and which you haven't. Including Zaeed and Kasumi
2) Who's loyal and who's not
3) How much you upgraded the Normandy. Don't research any upgrades whatsoever.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!

shadowsoul3
3 years ago#5
https://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/944907-mass-effect-2/answers/189522-how-can-i-only-kill-miranda-on-the-suicide-mission

I found that on this subject and feel like there's hope... But taking an unloyal Miranda into the fight kills her? Like, if she dies in combat then she dies in storyline?

Distant_Rainbow
3 years ago#6
That's UNloyal Miranda.

You're asking for the same question but with loyal Miranda, which complicates matters a ton.

For instance, if you do the same thing that answer suggests, your Miranda will survive without any problems because she's loyal.

So, we're going to do this differently. Which entails killing a lot of others via collateral damage and making your Shepard look incompetent.

shadowsoul3
3 years ago#7
Okay, so Miranda is NOT loyal (I checked).

1) I have recruited everyone

2) Miranda is the only one who's not loyal

3) I have the med bay upgrade, the mineral scanner upgrade, the gun upgrade. I don't think I have the shield upgrade though... not sure.

I don't care about the cost. I can always make a 2nd save before the final battle if I have to. So can you help explain to me how to kill her off?

(Sorry for the confusion. I can see how your be confused).

Distant_Rainbow
3 years ago#8
shadowsoul3 posted...
Okay, so Miranda is NOT loyal (I checked).

Well, then, the problem is moot, isn't it?

Just do as in the answer in that link you posted. That'll work.

The setups I asked from you were because Miranda was loyal. If she isn't, there's no enormous amount of preparation required, just make sure you take her when you fight the final boss. Do anything else you want.

shadowsoul3
3 years ago#9
Thank you and sorry for the confusion. I can totally see how you'd be confused.

shadowsoul3
3 years ago#10
Yeah!!!!!!!! Miranda is dead and every one of my squadmates survived!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Lose Mirandas Loyalty
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A