• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
  3. Another studio emerges out of former GSC.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
9 years ago#1
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/01/rumour-ex-stalker-devs-form-union-studio-developing-falloutrage-inspired-shooter/

It looks as though Vostock Games might not be the only studio to form in the aftermath of the break up of STALKER developers, GSC. Russian gaming site, StopGame reports that a significant element of the GSC STALKER team have set up shop in Kiev, and have formed a new outfit called Union Studio.

There are a few tidbits to back this up. A description on UnionStudio’s sparse LinkedIn page describes the developer as a “new company, created together with the best professionals that worked for GSC GAME WORLD and other AAA class studios.” The page announces that they’re making a “cross-platform action shooter which will be available for PC, Mac, PlayStation, XBOX.” There’s also a work-in-progress Union Studio site, which simply says “coming soon.”

Good news.
Milk, man.
<< Protect society from the emotions of ugly people >>

User Info: Dark_Elf

Dark_Elf
9 years ago#2
Sounds interesting. Let's hope they have the resources to make something good.

User Info: AzumaNaroon

AzumaNaroon
9 years ago#3
Thanks for the heads up. Will keep an eye out for them.
Welcome to LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov

User Info: Mazryonh

Mazryonh
9 years ago#4
None of those are nor can they replace STALKER, though. Sergei, why did you do it?

User Info: olgert56

olgert56
9 years ago#5
The thing that still gives me hope is that I know those developers are still out there. And it seems like games from the east are fixated on atmosphere: Stalker, Cryostasis, and Metro to name a few. We'll keep seeing great games but Stalker will always be special and I really hope they will resurrect it one day.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
  3. Another studio emerges out of former GSC.
  • Topic Archived