• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Are you dead?

User Info: OskarMiniMix

OskarMiniMix
1 year ago#1
Are you alive? if so is iji still in work? will we ever see 1.8? i finished your game to 100% and i was in sector Z and read the log you have placed there!

Thank you for creating such a game i had a lot of fun playing it and i am still playing iji to this day!

-OskarMiniMix

User Info: OskarMiniMix

OskarMiniMix
1 year ago#2
https://pics.me.me/i-changed-my-thinking-it-changed-my-life-%3C3-28693492.png

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
1 year ago#3
I'm glad you enjoyed the game, but I've no interest in updating Iji further. Sorry!

If you haven't unlocked the debug mode in Iji 1.7 yet, there's still more for you to see in the game.
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: DipsiTheCreeper

DipsiTheCreeper
11 months ago#4
Are there any games you're currently working on? Iji was one of the best games I've ever played. I was so young I didn't understand the deep meaning of the game. (I didn't know English obviously) It's just.. so great and touching. Just imagine this game in 3D or first person 3D...

DipsiTheCreeper
11 months ago#5
Oh, and by the way. Did you work on this game by yourself?

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
11 months ago#6
Sorry, I'd rather not talk about what I'm working on in my spare time in order to reduce stress and expectations. I've been suffering from burnout and extreme anxiety for over half a year and I'm still in the recovery process, and part of lowering the expectations on myself is to work slower and only when I really want to. I've been making a huge amount of stuff over the years, both at home and at work (including months of voluntary overtime on Ittle Dew 2). Being in charge of constant feedback and competitive balancing for Slap City, plus some other personal issues, is what eventually broke me. I'm 35 now and need to start taking better care of myself.

Sorry if that was too much personal information. :p

As for Iji I did everything except the music, the voices (I directed the voice actors who were friends, other students and teachers), and I had a bunch of testers. You can see the detailed credits in the manual or at the end of the game.
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel
(edited 11 months ago)

DipsiTheCreeper
11 months ago#7
Damn, that's a lot of stress you've been going through. I feel sorry for you. I completely agree that you should take better care of yourself.

I really wanted to do regular updates to Iji. (maybe even make a multiplayer version!) Who knows maybe you'd like some of my work. Too bad I don't know how to edit/code/program games. It's too hard. All that coding and stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Are you dead?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A