• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Thoughts on 1.7 (Mild spoilers)

User Info: Kwingster

Kwingster
7 months ago#1
I really liked the two new endings for 1.7, especially the Pacifist ending (so much new dialogue/characterization between Tor and Iosa!!) I've been wondering a couple things about this build.

- Is Fully-Charged Ultimortal Tor noticeably harder than in 1.6? This was a tough fight, I'm not sure I want to force myself to do it again.
- Is there any QTE-like event that allows you to duck Iosa's attack?
- I saved Dan in my Pacifist run. Is his sprite just gone if you let him die?
www.kwing.newgrounds.com

User Info: Malady

Malady
7 months ago#2
There's at least one attack that tells you to duck. At 272 seconds. A.k.a 4:32. Although, that's an older version.

https://youtu.be/-c_2umPHMuQ?t=272

User Info: Kwingster

Kwingster
7 months ago#3
Malady posted...
There's at least one attack that tells you to duck. At 272 seconds. A.k.a 4:32. Although, that's an older version.

I meant in the Iosa/Pacifist ending. It seemed somewhat plausible.
www.kwing.newgrounds.com

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
7 months ago#4
Tor isn't intentionally harder, but there is a shorter delay between his attack waves than before, and overall less time just waiting for things to happen.

Dodging Iosas "attack" is not possible - the point of her using something not normally seen in the game is to let you know that it's not supposed to be survivable.If you could dodge it, nothing's stopping her from continuing to fire.

All the endings still update correctly depending on whether Dan lives or dies (and Yukabacera in the case of the Tasen picture).
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: ZeldaMutant

ZeldaMutant
6 months ago#5
I'd say Maximum Charge Tor is easier since the skysmashers charge up their shots and don't fire low shots as often anymore. Although Zica Burst now shatters the Reflector, which makes things a bit trickier.

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
6 months ago#6
For what it's worth, the reflector will hit whatever you're trying to reflect even if something else causes it to break on the same frame (that is, if it overlaps multiple projectiles and one of them will break the refelctor).
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: Puffolotti

Puffolotti
6 months ago#7
Personally for my fan-project i'm working on the concept "with the appropriate decisions it is possible to win the game and get an early ending"

In this system, if the player staples enough war crimes, (I'm putting in plenty of envirovmental battle elements) they may disgust the average komato or the officiers, but Iosa will applaude them for their artistic genius and creativity

When player meets Iosa after stapling countless tasen corpses and having never engaged against komato, the conversation with Iosa may go like:
-Hey, squirrel, i heard you are a true punk, I'm jealous, LOL. What's your deal with the Komato fleet?
-Oh, you guys can actually talk, what a relief.
-And we bite too, snarrrrl!.
-Well, i have business with General Tor, so i'm desperately looking for a Komato to arrest me and bring the reward home, instead of blowing me 30 mts. away with plasma rays.
-Oh, I could use some extra credits, let's make it 80/20%?
There is no victory, there is no defeat. there is only work to do.

User Info: Puffolotti

Puffolotti
6 months ago#8
Talking about the version 1.7, i perceived the updates in the storyline for the few hours i played it like... One of those disclaimers before wrestling or acrobatic shows:

"Iji 1.6 is not meant to be a self-defence manual against bullies. Trying to solve your problems the way Iji solved her own may lead to a different and unintended result."

I'm talking about a silly assumption on my personal perception, that is most probably wrong.
I'm not saying i can read the author's mind

This topic inspired me a fanart of Iosa and one of the characters i created, that i might use in a storyline, in future.

https://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/Brothers-in-arms-748853002
There is no victory, there is no defeat. there is only work to do.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Thoughts on 1.7 (Mild spoilers)
  • Topic Archived