• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Debug Menu and such

User Info: Jin_Mitsuko

Jin_Mitsuko
8 years ago#1
Just thought I'd share this in case nobody has found it yet. Once I realized most of the game code was written in Lua and left wide open in the Assets.zip file, I had a quick peek around and found out they left in a crapload of debugging functions and info. One of these is the Debug World Menu.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2321290/PQ2%20Debug%20Menu.zip

You'll need to insert and overwrite these into the Assets.zip file using something like WinRAR or 7-Zip. This will allow you to access the menu from the Single Player screen.

I'm thinking of taking this one step farther and creating a fully functional debugging/cheat menu. There are so many functions that can be easily used and abused I can't resist not to do it :P. Here's a great example:

in Assets.zip/Scripts/Grids/TestSkullCascade.lua

return {
{" "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "},
{" "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "},
{" "," ","-","-","-"," "," "," "},
{"-","-","-","*","-","-","-"," "},
{"-","*","*","R","-","*","-"," "},
{"-","G","B","*","*","R","-"," "},
{"-","R","R","G","G","*","-","-"},
{"-","B","G","B","R","R","*","*"},

name = "Skull Cascade",
grid_width = 8,
grid_height = 8,
}

And here's a few Gem definitions from Gems/Gems.lua:

-- Battle game
Gems.Blue = {
name = "Blue",
symbol = "B",
image = "img_gem_blue",
canCascade = true,
canSwap = true,
givesMana = true,
destroyEffect = "BlueExplosion",
particleEffects = {"GemBlueExp01", "GemBlueExp02", "GemBlueExp03", "GemBlueExp04", "GemBlueExp05"},
colourEffect = "blue",
}
-- Battle game
Gems.Skull5 = {
name = "Skull5",
symbol = "!",
image = "anim_skull5",
score = 5,
canSwap = true,
canCascade = true,
givesDamage = true,
destroyEffect = "RelicRing",
particleEffects = {"SkullExp01", "SkullExp02", "SkullExp03", "SkullExp04", "SkullExp05"},
colourEffect = "white",
}

Now, imagine easily overwriting the board or portions of it with all of these build in grids, or dropping whatever gems you want onto the board. That's the kind of thing I'm thinking about looking into at the moment.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Debug Menu and such
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A