• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Ogre Help (Barb)

User Info: Albedo0667

Albedo0667
10 years ago#1
This guy just tears through my HP like wet paper.

For reference, here's my loadout:

Fine Greatsword
7 def helm
Hellforged Pendant (+2 Str)
24 def armor
6 def boots (+2 to weapon crit)

Backswing
Final Assault
Barbaric Roar
Tribal Ward
Brutality

Can anyone tell me if i am doing anything wrong?

User Info: thekubmi

thekubmi
10 years ago#2
I just beat him moments ago, after many many failed attempts.

Im a Barb but Im using poison as its the most effective weapon I have found (4 action, 6 dam 8 rounds). To a certain degree it requires some luck and hopefully you are faster and get the first move. I have an upgraded agility pendant that gives me +9. There is typically a number of +5 skulls to start so try to take them after any 4-5 chains above them.

I found being more defensive was better, obviously take all skulls but also all action points as he was crit-ing for 57 damage each time he attacked. Max your blue mana and keep it full, that will negate most of the headbutt spell. I poisoned him only when there were no apparent chains or skulls\actions to match and used stomp on an area with most skulls when it recharged. Otherwise I used a 9 action 11 health potion each available round.

He levels up with you so becareful it may be better to quit the game before loosing as you will gain EXP for failing. When I started fighting him he had 360 HP I poped 1 level and he went to 390!

User Info: Albedo0667

Albedo0667
10 years ago#3
Thanks a bunch! I beat him first try using poison and a potion.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Ogre Help (Barb)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A