• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Assasin with poison = Overpowered?

User Info: Koraboros

Koraboros
10 years ago#1

I'm using a dual poison setup. Main hand is 14 damage per turn for 8 turns, upgraded to give 10 extra def (I have 94 total). It requires 21 action points but I'm using backstab to bypass it. Second hand is poison with 9 damage for 8 turns, requiring only 11 action points.

Basically I can get backstab, then use action points to use secondary poison. This makes it 23 damage per turn for 8 turns. The poison is unblockable by defense, and can be cast many times due to low cost.

Is it overpowered or does every class have a setup similar to this?

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#2
I'm still using the 6 damage per turn Arachna poison with 9 damage per 8 turns Manticore poison. Where did you get that 14 damage one?

And yes, it is a bit overpowered, but I feel with this game the term "overpowered" is pretty overused considering if you don't kill the enemy in a few turns then they usually obliterate you with ridiculous combos.
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360

User Info: Koraboros

Koraboros
10 years ago#3
FOund it in that wolf's shop. I think I'm level 42 though, it might coem later for you.

User Info: kuvuplan

kuvuplan
10 years ago#4
My Level 21 Barbarian, can do 33 damage per swing with a 1 handed weapon, at the cost of 17 Action Points. I just have to cast Backswing first to jump it up from 22 damage. When I get a critical, I do 66 damage in one swing. Cut that in half if they defend against it. I know I'll find stronger weapons by the time I hit level 40 (arbitrary level).

There is an achievement for doing 250 damage or more in one turn. Neither of us are that close to achieving it.

Your Assassin with poison is definitely formidable and can do a lot of damage. Poisons do give the best damage dealt per Action point spent, but they take time to deal all their damage. There are other methods to do more damage, now.

I'm pretty sure each class has a niche it can fill to obtain victory, and may use items designed for other classes to help them out. My Templar for example was unable to defeat the Yeti until I purchased a Poison to deal damage, while I grabbed the gems I did not want the Yeti to match.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#5
Umm, I hit the 250 damage a long time ago using Stealth and four Strikes.
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Assasin with poison = Overpowered?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A