• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Is there a way to disable the level scaling?

User Info: citronvand

citronvand
10 years ago#1
I really can't stand level scaling. What's the point in leveling if everything will be at your level. Easier enemies such as rats shouldn't have 160+ hp... and harder enemies like the yeti shouldn't be nerfed (be downgraded to my level) so I can kill him at any point in the game.

If you encounter a boss that you can't kill, you might think that you should gain a few levels so it be easier? Wrong, because the boss will gain the same levels. Ruins the whole point in leveling.

I've heard that enemies are capped to a certain level, but as far as I've seen it's not enough. All enemies so far has been exactly my level or maybe very rarely 1 level below me. Just to let you know I've just defeated the goblin king and I'm level 17.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#2
Then you are in for a long long haul. Currently level 35 and the enemies are still scaling with me.

However, if you leave any enemies behind, you will only be hurting yourself because the point of leveling is to unlock new spells and skills to aid you in defeating the enemies. Before I had Stealth and a few strikes, my win to loss ratio was almost 1:4. It was ridiculous how weak I was without any attack skills. Once I obtained Stealth, the game then turned into easy mode.
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Is there a way to disable the level scaling?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A