• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Challenge Ogre...

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#1
300 HP and does 25 damage per normal skulls? I'm using an assassin who is still in the 100s for HP and I cannot beat him. I got him down to 86 once and I was doing good - still had 86 HP and it was his turn. He did a normal 3 skulls which took my Stealth off which cascaded down to a four of a kind and another skull which dropped me below 50 to another four of a kind cascade, and lastly he did 52 damage with his axe in a critical.

Normal enemies don't stand a chance and this is the first boss in which I felt like I was actually fighting a boss. Any tips for him?
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360

User Info: Peanut_Chew

Peanut_Chew
10 years ago#2
i'm having the same problem. got him down into the low 50's but his axe w/ a critical hit destroys me.

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#3
Beat him the other day finally. You just have to be lucky and hope you can keep your mana high with four different strikes and Stealth. Keep your four of a kind cascades going and you will eventually win.

Already down playing with Necromancers now. I can't even fathom fighting the Ogre or the Necromancers with my mage...
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360

User Info: masterlavk

masterlavk
10 years ago#4
I beat him by abusing a +8 red mana potion and Blackjack. It's better to just have two strike skills (in my case, swift strike and stone strike) and use Blackjack, Disarm and Stealth.

Remember that all these skills highly exacerbate the damage that strike skills do, so if you can get them all off at once, you can do some obscene damage even if it's blocked.

Oh, and having a good poison helps too.
blazers '10 champs
lamarcus and brandon light it up!

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#5
I find that I can usually get a complete combo (all four strikes) and even continue the combo using my setup. Once I get Stealth activated, have at least 20 red mana, and at least eight of my other three corresponding strike mana's, then I can usually keep a strike combo going for an easy 5+ turns. On that last turn I run out of mana or there are no more four of a kind moves available, Epic Manticore Poison followed by my next turn of Epic Arachna Poison.

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
10 years ago#6
Trust me, ditch the stealth. Like you I initially had it equipped but I then swapped it out early on for Blackjack. From what I can see, this -along with the 4 strikes- is the only way to go. Usually once I hit Blackjack and spam the Strikes, the enemy doesn't get another turn.
It also displays the dicreptitude of your argumentation - deprofundis442

STG Deathbot
10 years ago#7
I can't stand blackjack. I tried it for about ten battles or so and of that ten I lost six of them. Without that mana shield, the enemies tear me to pieces and the combos really don't have any value other than continuing the combo. Also, ten red mana to cast? All of the strikes with the exception to Burning Strike requires four red mana. Using ten red mana right off the bat seriously hampers me early-battle.

For me, Stealth.

User Info: HTMurgatroyd

HTMurgatroyd
10 years ago#8
It took me probably eight or nine tries to defeat the Ogre with an assassin. Disarm keeps him from Critical Axing you, if you can manage to keep it going.
H. T. Murgatroyd

User Info: theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy
10 years ago#9

I had stealth also, but I only used it once. I pretty much relied on all four strikes. I think I went through about 20 turns without letting the ogre go. Took him down to around ~50. After that, just luck, hopping he wouldn't attack or do a critical.

1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. Challenge Ogre...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A