• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: giocare

giocare
6 years ago#1
This feels like Call of Duty in fighter jets, and it has what is probably the most nauseatingly low FoV I've ever experienced.

User Info: Arsene-Lupin

Arsene-Lupin
6 years ago#2
Pretty much.
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."

User Info: ProbesInRobes

ProbesInRobes
6 years ago#3
Probably the worst ace combat game and it happens to be the only one ported to PC.

I'd rather replay HD versions of 4, 5, or 0 instead of this. Even 6 is better.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
6 years ago#4
Probably the worst ace combat game and it happens to be the only one ported to PC.

I'd rather replay HD versions of 4, 5, or 0 instead of this. Even 6 is better.

+1.

They basically kill off the series to where not many fans are still around to buy it, and the annoyed fans are telling *other* people to avoid it...And THEN they decide to port it to a new market to try and score a quick cash in of sales.

I'd probably buy a pack of 4/5/Zero if they updated visual fidelity and ported it over to PC. Always have and will love the old titles.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: veggie3

veggie3
6 years ago#5
I disagree, I read many reviews and was skeptical, but after playing this game,
it still feels a lot like the previous ace combat games.
the dfm mode is something new and likewise is a great addition to the game.
It still needs tweaking and more development but its something ace combat really needs to give more variety to the air combat.
You still have lots of freedom in the game to maneuver around and the planes look fantastic.

I think people are complaning because they rely on dfm for most of the kills but in actual fact you don't have to get into dfm mode to destroy other fighter planes.
Plus once you're in multiplayer it really adds a whole new dimension to the game.

User Info: azurekeyblader

azurekeyblader
6 years ago#6
This isn't an awful game, the chopper level is... and the gunner thingy level

Appreciated the health regeneration eventhough it's slightly annoying.

Love the DFM, made the combat more fast paced but still needs tweaking here and there. Maybe by not making it a "must use to kill TGT_LEAD"?

Still, Ace Combat Zero is my favorite Ace Combat on story departement
"Sorry, brother" | "Don't be"

User Info: Wihan_Tan

Wihan_Tan
6 years ago#7
veggie3 posted...
I think people are complaning because they rely on dfm for most of the kills but in actual fact you don't have to get into dfm mode to destroy other fighter planes.

That option is almost useless because it's harder to take down enemies. In other words, they semi-insist to us to use DFM to win the missions. That option will be welcomed if it's treated well as same as default option.
T-ARA Hwaiting !!
~ Queen's ~

cody4783
6 years ago#8
Well...after playing it and going in with the best light possible NOT to dislike it....It's not an utter failure.

Honestly, in itself, it's a pretty terrible Ace Combat game. I really want to say it isn't...But it's just not the foundation of the series to me. It's got it's gimmicks going for it, bits tacked in that seem unpolished and poorly thought out, and just the general loss of the high refinement the older games had.

But, for what it is, and especially considering the likes of games like HAWX being out there. Helicopter mission shouldn't have been the 30 minute section or whatever it was (And honestly, some of these missions in general feel like they're dragging for longer than they ever need to...I mean, it kinda shows off the bat when you're given 200 missiles which is like double a lot of the older games)...Not to mention they backed it up with a C130 point-and-click shooting mission that everyone has seen in every modern war game now.

Past that...DFM kind of annoys me. It's making me reflect to how much the...second? PSP game was with that utter BS final boss that could do 180º to evade you. They made normal enemies much better at dodging things, yet it takes so little time to use the cheesy DFM and pop off a missile that it comes off as really gimmicky. There's less skill involved and just feels like padded content/"difficulty".

It's just very artificial feeling. The dodging stuff is "cinematic" and all that, but it's just eh; I dodged fine on the old system, constant maneuvering, keeping an eye out, and making sure not to stick yourself into a furball. I really didn't need the game to be redesigned around gimmicky mechanics.

Again though, I don't hate it as it is. I dislike it for being an "Ace Combat" game, but other any other name, as another air combat title thrown into the mix, it's alright. It's got very glaring faults it is mostly alright.
http://i.imgur.com/8HwdC.jpg

cody4783
6 years ago#9
Well...f***... After finishing the game, this statement just HAD to rear it's head, eh?
Past that...DFM kind of annoys me. It's making me reflect to how much the...second? PSP game was with that utter BS final boss that could do 180º to evade you. They made normal enemies much better at dodging things, yet it takes so little time to use the cheesy DFM and pop off a missile that it comes off as really gimmicky. There's less skill involved and just feels like padded content/"difficulty".

So yeah...Of course they'd bring that back. The ol' "Sulejmani Syndrome" of impossible piloting, plot armor, rear-firing attacks and perfect infinite-use countermeasures. Bleh.

I was quite enjoying the game up until the last couple missions. Where they just kind of started padding things with 40 drones to buzz around your time-sensitive target aircraft, and highly cheaty final boss fights. :|
  • Topic Archived