• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Useless Pet and Fish

User Info: Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#1
Ok. Got my Torchlight game on again after running each class through in "NORMAL" so I started an Engineer in "ELITE".
The first thing I noticed is that the Pet essentially becomes useless and feeding it Fish (almost never get any of the really good fish in Elite mode and even those aren't very helpful) doesn't make it any better.
So,, how to cope with useless pet and fish?
I have concluded that putting the Pet in "DEFENSIVE" and loading it up with Fireballs and Frost Spells seems to be the best solution.
In "DEFENSIVE" it only attacks the thing that attacks me and the first thing it does is use the Fireballs and Frost.
The Frost Spell has the pretty high probability, even in Elite mode, to "freeze" the attacker. Combined with Collars/Tags that give the Pet Fire/Ice and "STUN" bonuses the pet does at least stop running away all the time and regularly actually contributes to winning the fight.

User Info: Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#2
OK, Got to the Blight Bogs and decided that it wasn't fun anymore. Even with the Pet in Defensive mode it was getting completely wiped out and spending all it's time trying to find a place to hide and even with Blood Zombie, L2 and L3 Skeletons and a L 2 Imp and the Gun Bot i was dying way too much time trying to get back to the place I died so it wasn't fun anymore..

Really didn't want to lose the game by just starting a new one so a net search turned up this:
“(YourUsername)” is your personal username. *On some operating systems, Torchlight 2 is saved under “My Games” instead of “My Documents.”
Open the file "settings.txt." and search for the line that says "Console:0". Change the 0 to 1 and save and exit.
Then start up your game and open the console by pressing either the ~ or "insert" (I am on Win 7 Pro on a Dell 990 and had to use "insert") key. To change the difficulty to veteran type "SETDIFFICULTY 2" (minus the quotation marks). To change it to another difficulty do the same but in stead of 2 use 0,1, or 3. (0 is easy, 1 is normal, and 3 is Elite)
Your difficulty will now be permanently changed.

Set to Veteran and no I can play with the Pet in AGGRESSIVE and rarely need to heal it and the Fish actually make a difference.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Useless Pet and Fish
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A