• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Summoning Automation

User Info: Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#1
Ok. Looks like there may be some life in this board.
Picked up TLII on the FREE a few days ago.
Played the original thru as each class more than once at least once each in HARDCORE.
My main complaint was that I would get a cramp in my finger trying to summon as often as possible so I could keep the physically weaker classes alive using a summoned army.
SO.. First thing I did when I got started on TLII was set up a Voice Attack Profile for all the Keys and mouse buttons. This lets me use voice commands and macros.
As I put a Summoned Creature in my spell book, I attach it to a key and then write a macro with a timer in it to auto-cast as soon as the "cooldown" is complete.
Then I made a BATCH macro bound to the "B" key and put all four on the Summoned auto-cast in that so I hit "B" and all four start running.
I am presently standing at the entry to the Netherworld.
I got here as level 52 and I never fired a shot at the Alchemist or Cacklspit, or the BOSS Werewolf or either of the dragons.
I just ran circles around them with the auto-casters replenishing the summoned army while I used a weapon with a chance to summon something and and my class skill to summon on kill to turn the low level baddies into part of my summoned army.
Part of the key to make this work is to get your MANA regeneration high enough to support the continuous drain.
I also had to learn to play the CRTL, Z, X keys with three fingers so when I got hit because I stood still to auto-cast, I could heal or when I had a low level baddie in front of me I could keep from running past it and when I used some excessive MANA I could replenish it.
YMMV
Enjoy

User Info: Kurima_Saguki

Kurima_Saguki
1 year ago#2
Poison_Ivy posted...
Ok. Looks like there may be some life in this board.
Picked up TLII on the FREE a few days ago.
Played the original thru as each class more than once at least once each in HARDCORE.
My main complaint was that I would get a cramp in my finger trying to summon as often as possible so I could keep the physically weaker classes alive using a summoned army.
SO.. First thing I did when I got started on TLII was set up a Voice Attack Profile for all the Keys and mouse buttons. This lets me use voice commands and macros.
As I put a Summoned Creature in my spell book, I attach it to a key and then write a macro with a timer in it to auto-cast as soon as the "cooldown" is complete.
Then I made a BATCH macro bound to the "B" key and put all four on the Summoned auto-cast in that so I hit "B" and all four start running.
I am presently standing at the entry to the Netherworld.
I got here as level 52 and I never fired a shot at the Alchemist or Cacklspit, or the BOSS Werewolf or either of the dragons.
I just ran circles around them with the auto-casters replenishing the summoned army while I used a weapon with a chance to summon something and and my class skill to summon on kill to turn the low level baddies into part of my summoned army.
Part of the key to make this work is to get your MANA regeneration high enough to support the continuous drain.
I also had to learn to play the CRTL, Z, X keys with three fingers so when I got hit because I stood still to auto-cast, I could heal or when I had a low level baddie in front of me I could keep from running past it and when I used some excessive MANA I could replenish it.
YMMV
Enjoy
Seems interesting

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#3
Ok,,..
This was a bit disappointing.
Never fired a single shot at the Nether Lord.
Just ran circles around him as my army of Summoned creatures chewed him and in his second form, his minions to pieces.
Truth be told, Grom was a harder fight simply because the field was smaller and the number of minions was much higher.
I am wondering if the game plays a bit different on different platforms since what I experienced didn't quite match the primary Walk Through I followed. I am on a PC.

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#4
Poison_Ivy posted...
Ok,,..
This was a bit disappointing.
Never fired a single shot at the Nether Lord.
Just ran circles around him as my army of Summoned creatures chewed him and in his second form, his minions to pieces.
Truth be told, Grom was a harder fight simply because the field was smaller and the number of minions was much higher.
I am wondering if the game plays a bit different on different platforms since what I experienced didn't quite match the primary Walk Through I followed. I am on a PC.

Same result with an Embermage.
Now I am trying to decide if I want to take Felicia up on her offer the "PLAY IT AGAIN".
Or let the Mapper show me something new.
Or see what Trill-Bot 4000 has to offer.

Think I will give Trill a shot.

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#5
OK, Trill sent me to a place I had already flagged as a likely "special dungeon". The Three Sisters. They might have actually been harder fight than The Neather King though still not as hard as Grom. BUT, I think Grom was hard as the Embermage because I didn't have as many summoning spells while the Outlander gets that ability simply by killing things.
Got a REALLY nice sword in the swag and Trill ONLY pays in CLASS SPECIFIC items. That was nice.

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#6
Humnnn.. My Engineer was able to essentially go toe-to-toe with both the Alchemist and the Nether Lord.

Next up, a Bezerker.

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#7
Now I remember why I don't like playing as Berserker..
I HATE having to walk up close to smash the urns, gourds, crates etc and therefore get caught by every trap in them.

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#8
No doubt about it. Play as Berserker is the most boring thing I have ever done. Run to something. Smash it. Repeat.

User Info: Kurima_Saguki

Kurima_Saguki
1 year ago#9
Poison_Ivy posted...
No doubt about it. Play as Berserker is the most boring thing I have ever done. Run to something. Smash it. Repeat.

This routine of putting the character to go to a target to attack with a melee attack and pick up the items in this game seems a little boring, but I made it simple and fun to me with my script:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/604445-torchlight-ii/78453551
(edited 1 year ago)

Poison_Ivy
1 year ago#10
Kurima_Saguki posted...
This routine of putting the character to go to a target to attack with a melee attack and pick up the items in this game seems a little boring, but I made it simple and fun to me with my script:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/604445-torchlight-ii/78453551
I really don't mind picking stuff up. I just don't like having to actually go to it and smash it.

I tried giving the Beserker a ranged weapon and switching weapons, but, that means switching weapons, holding shift key down, than pulling trigger, then switching weapons again.

What would be really nice is a way to just hit a key and have the pet do all the running.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Summoning Automation
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A