• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. All of the boards are ghost times and I seem to have no place to ask questions

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
2 years ago#11
tiomasta posted...
Borris is one of the random enchanters, play the mapworks maps and they'll all appear randomly there.
You can find them in the normal overworlds/dungeons but the thing about that is, whenever you start a file/NG+, they'll be spread around the world at complete random. An enchanter might appear in this side dungeon or not, you might see an enchanter on the route above city 1 or not, and there's no guarantee which enchanter it will be. If you do find one outside the mapworks, you can write it down and then come back to that place after you've played elsewhere enough for the map to have refreshed, the same enchanter will still be there again so you can use them over and over whenever you want. But then even this changes per save file and is re-rolled if you NG+. You can't even get notes of where you had them so I don't really like this system...

This transmuter thing is about the new console release I'm assuming, doesn't ring a bell to me. I guess they're not working there yet?
"Transmuters" are the NPCs in every city after the first that can combine items for you. (put lower potions to process them for higher potions, put 3 gems to get a random gem of closely-similar level, put a gear without sockets plus 2 gems with equal or higher itemlevel to create sockets on it, put many oranges to get a random orange, put many set items to get a random set item, put 2 spells to get a random spell)

Thanks a ton for all of your help, man! Funny how it's been so hard to find info on this game. Quite frustrating when you're trying to create your own build instead of just copying others. You're the only person that's responded on all three boards I've posted so it's helped a lot! Cheers!
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
2 years ago#12
There seems to be a very peculiar and very, very deadly bug on the Xbox version of the game. So, when I visited a 66–75 map, I was constantly getting caught myself in a Shatter Storm effect when killing enemies. At first I figured it was an inherent traits belonging to specific enemies on the level. Then I noticed it didn't happen when I killed them using Savage Rush, only with Ravage/normal attacks. Then I realised the difference between the two (or technically three): Savage Rush doesn't trigger Glacial Spike, but Ravage does.

Now, I've been using Glacial Spike for a while without this happening. But what I did change right before the map, however, was equipping a second weapon with a chance to proc Glacial Spike. First one had a built in chance of 10%; second one has a 5% from Eye of Aleera. When using these two in conjunction I am constantly getting frozen myself and several times this has almost resulted in my hardcore character dying. So yes, it seems like having two weapons equipped with this on-hit effect and killing enemies with attacks that could trigger it renders your character a victim of a immobilization and HP loss. Completely absurd!
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. All of the boards are ghost times and I seem to have no place to ask questions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A