• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Radiant Historia
  3. *PLOT SPOILER* Can't help but being reminded of Final Fantasy X

User Info: Psazum

Psazum
7 years ago#1
* * MASSIVE STORY SPOILER, OBVIOUSLY * *

- -

Not sure how to put it, but when Stocke realize he was actually dead and still decided to continue with the ritual (which obviously will kill him, uh, again) it automatically brought me back to the ending of Final Fantasy X.

I can almost see Radiant Historia 2, where Rayne team up with Eruca and (slightly older) Aht and travel all over the world trying find a way to bring back Stocke from the dead :)

*note: observation is clearly not based on True Ending, where Stocke is supposedly not dead*
sig not included

User Info: blackmagister

blackmagister
7 years ago#2
Well even without the true ending it's still hinted that Stocke is alive because Keil was saved by Stocke. I'm not really sure why Stocke couldn't come back in an obvious way given Heiss took Stocke's place though.

User Info: skytraveler

skytraveler
7 years ago#3
Well, FFX is ambiguous about the actual death anyway, so the nature of the ending doesn't interfere with the similarity either way.

It's nice to see an observation made of the core themes rather than citing Chrono Trigger just because time travel is involved.
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
7 years ago#4
Yes it is similar but Stocke is more badass than Tidus ever was plus he had no daddy issues.
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."

User Info: Takfloyd_mkII__

Takfloyd_mkII__
7 years ago#5
Almost every JRPG after FFX has copied something from it. That's what you get when one game defines the future of a genre, just like how every 3D platformer copied Super Mario 64 for 10 years after it came out. It's not really a bad thing.
Signature change in progress... Please wait.

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
7 years ago#6
I'm pretty sure the notion of a pure maiden sacrificing herself to save the world was hardly new even when FFX came out, FFX's innovation was to pair it with the "evil church deceives" cliche. I'm not saying it was bad, merely that it was an excellent application of plot elements used elsewhere rather than entirely original (just about nothing is entirely original). Basically, Tropes Are Not Bad (now everyone can resist the temptation of going to TV tropes).
"An RTFM error has occurred. Please try again later"
- Me
  1. Boards
  2. Radiant Historia
  3. *PLOT SPOILER* Can't help but being reminded of Final Fantasy X
  • Topic Archived