• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Graces f
  3. Is this game good?

User Info: Rob_Indahood

Rob_Indahood
9 years ago#11
if you knew how to really play the game

I did. Tyrant Glove + A few choice Super Chain skills + any artes relating to shining fang = plenty of lols

I haven't played Graces, but if you have and you say Vesperia is deeper than Graces then I'll take your word for it. I will say with certainty however that it looks like a breath of fresh air to the fighting system.
GT: Warhound07
Topics I have ended in recent memory: 13

User Info: Rob_Indahood

Rob_Indahood
9 years ago#12
Ffffffffff

I'm dumb, I skimmed your comparison of Vesperia's and Graces' battles system but didn't know it was you. Yeah, I'll take your word for it.
GT: Warhound07
Topics I have ended in recent memory: 13

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
9 years ago#13
"I did. Tyrant Glove + A few choice Super Chain skills + any artes relating to shining fang = plenty of lols

I haven't played Graces, but if you have and you say Vesperia is deeper than Graces then I'll take your word for it. I will say with certainty however that it looks like a breath of fresh air to the fighting system."

No, I'm talking about REALLY know how to play Vesperia, and not just rack up the combo hit count using the same family of multihitting artes and think you're hot ****. A few examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOPJl8U5H4Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMB7joqtOTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GS96SU78og

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajzZSZuxeo&feature=related

Graces is a bit unique, I'll give it that.
US PSN: Number090684
Wii No. 7949-4764-9788-5707

User Info: Miskay

Miskay
9 years ago#14
I had more fun with Grace's demo than I ever did with Vesperia. =/

Outside of Overlimit abuse I found Vesperia kind of stale and slow, and using anyone outside of Yuri, Repede, or Judith felt like a bit of a chore. The horrible skill balance and enemy A.I. didn't help either.
"Sky covered with ocean" is about as poetic as "meat covered with sauce."-DF
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/8580/zoolanderteddie.gif

User Info: Daemon_Lord_Ult

Daemon_Lord_Ult
9 years ago#15
^^Wow, thanks, you just made my opinion of Vesperia go WAY up. While those combos don't seem that practical in a normal playthough, it definitly gives me a much better opinion of the game. IMO Destiny still beats it though. haha.
Everyone is already dead, the world is just lagging really badly.

Number090684
9 years ago#16
"Outside of Overlimit abuse I found Vesperia kind of stale and slow, and using anyone outside of Yuri, Repede, or Judith felt like a bit of a chore."

If you knew how to Manual Cancel in Vesperia the game is considerably faster than Graces when it comes to attacking and comboing because you completely eliminate recovery time and reset artes chain limitations.

It's also nice that the large majority of the characters had decent learning curves as it helped to truly give them a different feel from each other, show they can't be played as another character with the same degree of effectiveness, and made it so players actually had to learn what the strengths and weakness of the individual characters were outside of stats and arte effect limitations.

Number090684
9 years ago#17
"^^Wow, thanks, you just made my opinion of Vesperia go WAY up. While those combos don't seem that practical in a normal playthough, it definitly gives me a much better opinion of the game. IMO Destiny still beats it though. haha."

That's fine. I'll admit some of those sacrificed practicality for style, but you can pull of similar combos that are about just as good, with little to no problems. I like Vesperia about as much as the Destiny Remake, so I know where you're coming from on that.

User Info: Daemon_Lord_Ult

Daemon_Lord_Ult
9 years ago#18
Hey, is there a topic or a FAQ on the Vesperia boards on how to do the "advanced" level stuff?
Everyone is already dead, the world is just lagging really badly.

User Info: Etherealist

Etherealist
9 years ago#19
The thing is that Graces is a bit of a different kind of Tales game.

The Team Destiny games (e.g. Rebirth, Destiny Remake, Graces/F) focus a bit more on innovating and switching up the traditional Tales battle systems with new methods of attack and movement. For example, Rebirth had the three line system, and Destiny introduced CC. Their games have a very different flavor than the ones currently available in English

Meanwhile, Team Symphonia works on refining the aspects that have defined most 3D Tales since Symphonia, such as Overlimit, 3D movement, and the TP system.

From my experience, in terms of story, Team Symphonia games tend to focus a lot more on pseudoscientific technobabble and blurry morality (e.g. Blastia/Fonons for the technobabble, whether people should follow the Score or not in Abyss for the morality), whereas Team Destiny games focus more on human nature and the characters' personal struggles (e.g. lol racism in Rebirth, blahblahblah protect in Graces).

I personally prefer the Team Destiny games in both the story and gameplay departments. Most fellow importers (well, I'm kind of an ex-importer now) seem to prefer Team Destiny games' gameplay, whereas the story debate is more divided with no clear preference.
"Samus was Hitler all along! And Ridley is just the ghost of Truman Capote in a dragon costume."-Xavier_On_High
Yui Hirasawa is mai waifu

Number090684
9 years ago#20
No, unfortunately Daemon. Everyone here doesn't seem to be nearly as pro as those Japanese players. I think the best Vesperia players that come here every now and then are Kouli, omegaevolution, and gallygallie, and IIRC, I haven't seen them perfectly Manual Cancel, or SOMEHOW keep a Fatal Strike from being fatal and instantly killing a regular enemy if it connects in vids.(I have no idea how to do it.)
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Graces f
  3. Is this game good?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Can someone help me with Chest passwords? General2 Answers
What do the ACC and EVA stats do? Build2 Answers
Costumes? General3 Answers
What are Soul Orbs used for? Side Quest5 Answers
How do I unlock the zhonecage? Side Quest1 Answer