• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 3
  3. Just rally

User Info: dvdijck

dvdijck
9 years ago#1
I just got the dirt 3 Complete edition. I hoped for a rally game, but there seems to be less and less rally in the dirt games..... Are there still rally games that focus on pure rally-racing that are any good?

User Info: Frisco557

Frisco557
9 years ago#2
I just can't help but laugh at people who think Dirt3 has less rally content than Dirt 2.

There are more cars(spread out over more categories), more layouts and locations, and not to mention the weather and night stages.

dvdijck
9 years ago#3
Glad you're still laughing.

What I mend was that the Collin McRay games were all about rally. Dirt 1 was mostly about rally but from the second game it starts to have al lot of different racing types and I would like to see it stick to only rally.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, because I still really like it.

Frisco557
9 years ago#4
dvdijck posted...
there seems to be less and less rally in the dirt games.....

"less and less rally" implies that with each edition, there's less rally content.

Dirt1 I fully agree has more rally content than anything else on the 360. However it's physics are horrible. Dirt2 does indeed have less rally than Dirt1.

However, you posted this in the Dirt3 forum, which implies that you think it has less rally content than Dirt2. Which as I've said, is a complete lie.

User Info: IRELANDforever

IRELANDforever
9 years ago#5
Why don't you try WRC 2? It's all rally and it's a pretty badass game
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.....but in time....you will
R.I.P. Adam "MCA" Yauch - 5/4/12 - R.I.P. David Bowie 1/10/16

User Info: the36thchamber

the36thchamber
9 years ago#6
or sega rally revo.i havent played it but its definetly all rally its arcade style though

Frisco557
9 years ago#7
the36thchamber posted...
or sega rally revo.i havent played it but its definetly all rally its arcade style though

Rally Revo is, at best, a rallycross game. It's an arcade game in the truest sense of the word, as in a '90s arcade cabinet game with rally cars/off-road courses.

I'm not saying it's bad(I have it for the PSP), but it's like having someone complain about Forza and suggesting they play Need For Speed Most Wanted instead.

dvdijck
9 years ago#8
Maybe I should try WRC 2. I'm going to look into it.... But first I'm going to finish Dirt 3 and I also have Forza 4 that I haven't played yet...

User Info: JManGT

JManGT
9 years ago#9
Dirt 3 was a massive step forward from 2 in the rally department.
WRC licensed cars, not just thencrappy rally-America open class as the highest class like in 2
Group b cars, no fantasy rally cars (z4, eclipse etc) all authentic vehicles.
There are a LOT more stages, with variations and day night and weather effects.
Sebastien Loeb
Undefeated World Champion 2004-2012 (WRC Retired)

User Info: Agony79

Agony79
9 years ago#10
I love rally based games like Dirt 1 & Dirt 2, but I can't stand Dirt 3 due to its useless garbage mode known as Gymkhana being shoved into my face all the time in Dirt 3. I really hate that mode. Also Dirt & Dirt 2 each has more rally type racing than Dirt 3 in my perspective. I hope to god that gymkhana is not implemented in Dirt 4. If it does, then I won't be buying it. Dirt 1 is the best rally game, and Dirt 2 is the best out of the series.
My last sig offended the mods, so they deleted it.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 3
  3. Just rally
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A