• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
  3. Sharing a few things I learned so far...

User Info: Darkiller66

Darkiller66
4 months ago#1
Well, I'm not a expert on this game, but I'm on my 3rd year and I've gone through some problems that aren't well documented or not documented at all, so I'm sharing this.

Beginning with some basic info that everyone probably already know, but maybe will be of any help:

*You don't need to add "farm" at your farm's name. The word "Farm" will be there automaticaly. This may be silly info, but I was mega bothered about my farm's name being "Hell's Farm Farm" until I learned about changing it from the memory adress.

*That FU****G old man named Barley will STEAL (he just steal the horse, don't even try to defend him, you can't change my mind) your horse if you don't raise it's affection to 5 hearts on year one. Yeah, you have one whole year to do this, I KNOW it's more than enough, but you won't be warned directly by the game about this. After some time he will give the horse back, but with a grand total of 0 hearts.

*If you don't plan to make your house's upgrades on the first years, try to give Gotz some honey or do a bunch of "townspeople affection" confessions to keep him away from his depression. You will be unable to ask him for upgrades if him get sad and you will need to give him presents for a while to be able to do the upgrades again.

------ Now some more obscure infos ------

*You can discard items (like boots and cans while fishing) by entering the menu -> rucksack -> then pressing start at the item -> discard.
This will not be considered as littering.

*I'm not 100% secure in this one, but I REALLY think you can't get Mythic Stones on any floor bellow floor 60. The floors that will have MSs will be the ones with HG jewels. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm confident. Self experience.

*It's a good idea to get more than one MS per floor if you want to get 6/7 without going a long way down on spring mine. I've got 6 (one for each tool) plus 3 HG jewels. 2 MS from floor 60 (try to get 3 or 4 here, it's way easier than getting 2/3 in floors 102/123), 3 on floor 102 (I recomend aiming for just one + the HG jewel, getting 3 + the jewel was a mega ultra giga luck. I've scavenged the floor like 30 times and I was getting a MAX of 1 MS and the jewel then BOOM... 3 + the jewel, just really big luck) and 1 on floor 123.

*Beware of using the Infinite Time Fishing exploit. You can't open the menu to discard the trash items or leave the screen to throw them while a event is going on, so just keep the trash to yourself. Littering in events seems to affect ALL townspeople (not 100% sure again, but my Harvest Sprites went from full affection to 4 hearts because I was littering like a littering champion).

*You can give your mysthrile tools to Saibara plus the MS to get your mythic tools. You don't need to spend your blessed ones.

*If you're trying to marry the HG (like me) or just want to complete the fishing list getting all fishes + the River Kings

GET
THE
MYTHIC
FISHING
POLE
FIRST
PLEASE.
I'm not exagerating, believe me. I've spent like 2 days (IRL) trying to get ONE river king using the blessed pole and NOTHING. The results using the Mythic one are ridiculously WAY better. Just caught 2 River kings in... 20 minutes? So... Do yourself a favor and upgrade the fishing pole to mythic before trying to get these dammed fishes!!!

Well, maybe I've forgot some infos, so I can add them later, but that's it. I know some of the information are noob level, but I felt like doing this little compilattion. I hope that this serves for someone on future searchs :)
Everything in life is a matter of perspective. Everything.
FFBE: 641,340,139
(edited 4 months ago)

Darkiller66
4 months ago#2
(EDIT)

About littering during festivals, from the fishing guide:

"Littering at a festival has an even higher penalty than during a non-festival day. But have no fear!
Simply press the 'A' and 'B' buttons at the same time. This feature allows you
to access your rucksack at any time... without going through the start menu!"

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#3
tag
Just because something is fictional doesn't mean it's not real.
-Find me on Reddit and Twitter @OlorinTheOtaku

Darkiller66
1 month ago#4
Darkiller66 posted...

*I'm not 100% secure in this one, but I REALLY think you can't get Mythic Stones on any floor ***bellow*** floor 60. The floors that will have MSs will be the ones with HG jewels. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm confident. Self experience.

***I meant BEFORE, not BELOW*** (And I've put a extra L there lol)***
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
  3. Sharing a few things I learned so far...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A