• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
  3. Community u still there!? Got a couple of questions :)

User Info: Maticap

Maticap
2 years ago#1
Wow, I have been playing this game for I dont know....8....10 years? Is by far the game I have started over from the Beginning the most times. And there are still a loooooot of things I have never done, like getting the cursed tools, the teleport stone or marry another girl who isnt Ann hahaha. But hey, if there is still some FOMT intellectuals out there, I got some specific and picky questions.
- When a townfolk gives you a friendship recipe, like Carter, thats the max friendship level you can achieve with him? How do I know when Im really really friends with anyone? I wanna get invited to weddings and that Carter let me go to his backyard.

- Do you lose peoples affection over time if you dont constantly give em gifts? Im saying because thats what happens with the harvest sprites. Does the same thing happen with townsfolk?

- Are Sheeps any worth? Because damn does wool suck. It takes a week to grow and its not very profitable.

- Last one (I guess), is there any difference between an animal born and raised in the farm compared to the one you can buy at the store? Because getting a cow pregnant, waiting to her to give birth and then waiting till the baby cow gets old enough for producing milk is suuuuuch a drag. I remember in pokemon, a raised and trained pokemom that grew with you was always better than the same pokemon you just caught. The same case applies in FOMT?

Thanks for taking the time to read. Long live this wonderful game.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
2 years ago#2
- When a townfolk gives you a friendship recipe, like Carter, thats the max friendship level you can achieve with him? How do I know when Im really really friends with anyone? I wanna get invited to weddings and that Carter let me go to his backyard.

I don't think that is indication of max, but I think max friendship is arbitrary anyway since nothing particular happens at max. I don't think there's any indication in the game that you've reached max or have seen everything you can get from a person :\

- Do you lose peoples affection over time if you dont constantly give em gifts? Im saying because thats what happens with the harvest sprites. Does the same thing happen with townsfolk?

I don't think they do. I think the only game where you had to constantly pay attention to people was the Island game on DS?

- Are Sheeps any worth? Because damn does wool suck. It takes a week to grow and its not very profitable.

Other than completion and if you really want wool item for some reason, cow is more profitable. I like having a couple sheeps just for variety sake.

- Last one (I guess), is there any difference between an animal born and raised in the farm compared to the one you can buy at the store? Because getting a cow pregnant, waiting to her to give birth and then waiting till the baby cow gets old enough for producing milk is suuuuuch a drag. I remember in pokemon, a raised and trained pokemom that grew with you was always better than the same pokemon you just caught. The same case applies in FOMT?

No, there's not any difference in the end. I think it may be possible to get born cow to max affection sooner (I don't really remember this game specifically, but often cows born on the farm start with more affection if the mother had high affection?) but other than that, with the mother being unable to milk for a while and having to wait for baby to grow up, just buying a cow outright is still more profitable in the end.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: Maticap

Maticap
2 years ago#3
Thx

User Info: cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel
2 years ago#4
I like to let my cows give birth just because I like them to have the joy of having a child. Also cows born on my farm can truly call it home. Here, they haven't known anyone else who takes care of them like me.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as Lord and savior, and are 100% unashamed, put this in your sig.
Switch FC: SW-1898-1312-4021 Mii: Cal
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
  3. Community u still there!? Got a couple of questions :)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A