• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
  3. Elli's heart is still black after hundreds of gifts.

User Info: Maticap

Maticap
2 years ago#1
So Im at the end of summer, and I have been giving her pinkcat grass all the month. Several each day. 5 to 6 aprox. I did 2 of her events, the one with Stu showing her the bug and the one taking care/playing with Stu ALL THE FRICKEN DAY, both with favourable outcomes, and still, nothing. Her answer to the pinkcat grass is "Thanks! What a great gift? Is this really for me?" with her cheeks blushing so I assume she loves them! And I have been playing this game since 2010 or so, I got experience, so I think 25+ days of me giving her lots of gifts that she loves and taking part of 2 cutscenes should make her heart purple but still...nothing. Any clues?

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
2 years ago#2
Are you able to raise heart level with other characters? Maybe you're doing something like littering, which lowers everyone's affection? Make sure you only drop items in the trash bin or shipping bin, not on the ground.

Elli indeed likes Pinkcat so it should be working, and 25 days of gifts and the two events should be more than enough to get the heart.

BTW it's not particularly helpful to give multiple gifts a day. I don't remember if this one gives you a small increase for a second gift, but generally anything past the first gift in a day does nothing.

To boost her even faster, you can try wrapping each flower before giving it to her (using the wrapping paper in Jeff's shop) and making sure to get a checkup with the doctor every day.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

NessEggman
2 years ago#3
OK I just started a game and played doing nothing but giving a gift to Elli (one a day) and sleeping. I also saw two events (though I saw the one where Stu gets sick and not the one where you play with him all day; I think they both raise Elli's affection the same amount though).

There's no Pinkcats in the Spring so I gave her the blue herb grass that you can find just as you leave your farm to the south. She says something like "Thanks! This is great!" with blushing face.

I didn't wrap the herb in giftwrap and I didn't do a checkup with the doctor.

I was able to get her to purple heart in 10 days and saw her purple heart event on Spring 12.

So I would say the problem is either you're doing something that lowers affection like killing animals or littering, or there's some kind of glitch where Pinkcat specifically does not raise affection for Elli even though it should.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: Maticap

Maticap
2 years ago#4
Thanks for your time man! I think Ive been littering, raising grasses and dropping them instead of reaping them, that kind of stuff. Lets see if that's the problem.

NessEggman
2 years ago#5
Yeah if that's the case, then everyone's affection will be at 0 probably D: but it goes up pretty easy so it's nbd :) Good luck~

User Info: cyrus_megaman

cyrus_megaman
2 years ago#6
Uhhh no, you can drop anything on your farm without decreasing the affection of the townspeople, like those weeds/grasses. Its littering anywhere else except in the mines and offering to HG will decrease the townspeople's affection.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
  3. Elli's heart is still black after hundreds of gifts.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A