Now 4.99 (3.99 for + members) on PSN

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  3. Now 4.99 (3.99 for + members) on PSN

User Info: NS_Zell

NS_Zell
3 years ago#1
Get it for your PS3 before November 2nd (when the sale ends).

A truly excellent game that'll be a ton of fun if you're a fan of the Devil May Cry games for PS2. Or, a fan of Castlevania games in general.

I swear I'm the biggest supporter of this game...
*Awaiting the inevitable last.fm + (hey i also make music)soundcloud + bandcamp sig*

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
3 years ago#2
if you're a fan of the Devil May Cry games for PS2.

Fans of DmC games specifically on PS2 will not enjoy this Castlevania, as it is the easiest Castlevania, probably ever. Also it has enemy variety and only bad camera, whereas PS2 DmC fans love beating same enemies for hours on end and horribly awful camera.

Fans of Castlevania will probably enjoy Curse of Darkness more, as it's full of SotN references.

User Info: NS_Zell

NS_Zell
3 years ago#3
Alright then.
*Awaiting the inevitable last.fm + (hey i also make music)soundcloud + bandcamp sig*

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
3 years ago#4
Yokoso posted...
if you're a fan of the Devil May Cry games for PS2.

Fans of DmC games specifically on PS2 will not enjoy this Castlevania, as it is the easiest Castlevania, probably ever.

I'd say it's on par with most Metroidvania games. At the very least, Symphony is the easiest game since Alucard has full on Mist Form for invincibility, as well as the OP combinations of equipment and use of magic.

Also it has enemy variety and only bad camera, whereas PS2 DmC fans love beating same enemies for hours on end and horribly awful camera.

Wait what xD?

PS2 DMCs weren't DmC Devil May Cry.

I'll agree the first game has a few really bad camera moments, but I disagree about enemy variety for DMC 1 and 3. Those games were excellent at making enemy types feel unique and forcing you to account for them when different mixups of enemies were presented to you.

This is one of the reasons I liked Lament of Innocence a lot, once I started playing Crazy Mode I felt that the enemy mixups made me have to consider each battle carefully.

Fans of Castlevania will probably enjoy Curse of Darkness more, as it's full of SotN references.

I really wish CoD was on PSN. Heck, I had to use a US PSN account to get LoI and play it for the first time, the UK PSN doesn't seem to have it! :(

Oh and on topic, I recommend this game. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got it, but yeah it's one of my favourite Castlevania games now. Not quite 3D Metroidvania perfection, but a bloody brilliant 3Dvania in its own right.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  3. Now 4.99 (3.99 for + members) on PSN

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived