Curry must be a really good healing item.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  3. Curry must be a really good healing item.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#1
I've killed over 200 Red Ogres and still don't have it. Damn thing must be awesome to have such a low drop rate from a fairly powerful enemy.

*snicker*
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

Alltra
4 years ago#2
Still no Curry after 500 kills.

Having issues with the Assassin Ring off Evil Stabber as well.

****ing hate RNG systems. Why couldn't the enemies just be brutally hard or require some kind of trick way to defeat them, and drop the item 100% of the time?

Either that, or actually give you items that are effective for increasing the drop rate. Whatever increase the Charm and Coin provide is so marginal as to be imperceptible.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
4 years ago#3
RNG is the bane of my existence. Recently on my first run of Dark Souls 2 I wanted to try dual-wield powerstance with Defender Greatsword and Drakekeeper Sword. Problem is, after running out the spawns on Drakekeeper's, NO ****ING SWORD.

As for Lament of Innocence, I've never tried to get 100% items, 100% map was enough for me. Always have those two missing relics taunting me T_T
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

Alltra
4 years ago#4
I didn't use to mind this kind of grind, at least not like I do now. Hell, honestly, this isn't even really that bad of a grind, most enemies cough up their loot in a few kills/minutes. It's just...I don't appreciate grinding in this manner as much as I used to. It slows down the flow of the game, or, it makes the loot system pointless. It's also a hell of a lot more fun to own and play with the loot than it is to grind to acquire it, and I'm to the point now where the struggle and grief doesn't make me feel rewarded when I do finally get it because it takes too long and causes too much frustration.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
4 years ago#5
What you described there, was how I felt after finally getting a Claimh Solais +1 from R.The Count in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. By that time, I don't even remember how long I'd been farming. I'd probably been using Val+1/Mura+1 for the last year or two before that…Seriously after I got that thing I pretty much stopped playing as Soma, unless one of my friends wants to use him. Still hunting Retro Bandanna and Cloak.

Maybe back in the day when I was a kid and had that much time to waste then grinding didn't really bother me…but yeah these days, I have better games to be playing than roll the dice with a monotonous grinding session of a cache system that is overly slanted in the programmer's favour. At least if I'm farming, make it an MMO or something so I at least don't feel like I'm the only person doing such an arbitrary task for whatever that farming target is worth.

I'm just not big into loot games anymore. Well Castlevania HoD, Dragon's Crown, there's a couple of titles that I can still play the loot game in, but for single player games it's just such a big turn-off now.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

Alltra
4 years ago#6
I'd much rather see a system like...Hexyz Force, where the drop was dependant on how you killed the enemy. Or perhaps a modified version of the Hunter Rune from Suikoden or the Steal/Stainless Steal Sickle, where the skill has a lower accuracy rating but if it hits you're guaranteed to get an item. Preferably one where status effects can help raise the hits rate.

Obviously, the former is more applicable to this game. Maybe increase the drop rate substantially by killing enemies with attacks that target weakness. Or perhaps add a weapon with low attack power that guarantees a drop if you deliver the killing blow with it.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
4 years ago#7
How about the Invincible Jar? The amount of HOURS I spent fighting those storm skeletons or whatever they're called, was ridiculous.

They're an annoying enemy too, but I after a few tries I saw that the fist skeleton you see when you enter is the real one and you just have to catch him before he joins the others so I could finish him in a single combo.

Wouldn't surprise me if others have a faster way though, as this was years back. I will never do it again.

User Info: Shadow Reaver

Shadow Reaver
4 years ago#8
New_Birdman posted...
How about the Invincible Jar? The amount of HOURS I spent fighting those storm skeletons or whatever they're called, was ridiculous.

They're an annoying enemy too, but I after a few tries I saw that the fist skeleton you see when you enter is the real one and you just have to catch him before he joins the others so I could finish him in a single combo.

Wouldn't surprise me if others have a faster way though, as this was years back. I will never do it again.

one run it took me OVER 12 hrs (not in 1 sitting of course) and on another i got one from the very first kill. yeah the RNG is insane in games.
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura

User Info: deadly virus

deadly virus
4 years ago#9
took me almost 500 kills to finally get the Invincible Jar. When I went through on crazy mode I got it after my 3rd kill
"No one's piss is like yours DV. You're special." -lonewulf
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  3. Curry must be a really good healing item.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived