9 - MISCELLANEOUS
Q : What does "Disgaea" mean ?
A : "Dis" = "Not" ; "Gaia" = "Earth"
Q : How do you pronounce "Disgaea" ?
"Diss-Guy-Ah". If you're unsure, listen to Etna's speach when she announces
the final episode.
Another way to explain it would be :
- "Dis" as in "disappointed"
- "ga" as in "galaxy"
- "ea" as in "Ya're da best !"
Q : How can I get lots of money ?
1) Equip a lv 300 Broker and kill high-level enemies
2) Sell every item you don't need
3) Abuse the Bonus Gauge prizes
4) DON'T try to pass the "Gimme Money" proposal at the Dark Assembly
Q : What is the best place to level-up ?
From easiest to hardest (Episode - Map) :
1) 5 - 3
2) 7 - 1
3) 9 - 1
4) 10 - 1
5) 12 - 3
6) Final - 1
7) Cave of Ordeals - 3
8) Beauty Castle - 2
9) Item World
Q : How can I level up a Cleric easily ?
Give him/her a mage pupil and have him/her learn a few offensive spells.
You can also make him/her participate in team attacks and have him/her on
the battlefield when you win a battle with Exp bonus in the Bonus Gauge.
And of course, don't forget to give your Cleric a lv300 Statistician.
Q : How can I increase the percentage of success for my Team Attacks ?
That percentage increases if :
- the characters are master or pupils to each other
- the characters are of the same class
- the characters are equipped with the same weapon
Also, some story characters have fixed percentage of success for Team Attacks
that involve them both.
Q : How can I kill XXX ?
A : Wrong place to ask.
Q : What is the max for each stat ?
If you try to go above this, then the stat will be 1.
Q : How do I steal ?
1) Buy or find stealing hands
2) Put them in you inventory (DON'T try to equip them : you can't)
3) Use them in battle against the enemy you wanna rob
Q : What determines the chances of stealing ?
- The class of the character (Thieves are much better than the other classes)
- The Hand you use to steal
- The rarity of the item you're stealing
- The difference between the levels of the stealing character and the target
(this is the most important parameter)
Q : Can I steal items from enemies created with the Clone Geo-effect ?
A : No.
Q : Can I use Geo Change more than once during a battle ?
A : No. Even if you use two scouts.
Q : What is the easiest way to do long Geo Chains ?
1) Find a color that has Geo Panels but no Geo Symbol
2) Put every Geo Symbol on panels of this color (don't forget that the Null
GS must be the farthest from the GS with which you'll start the combo)
3) Destroy one of the GS
4) Sit back and watch
Q : The stat bonus I get is different depending on which Item I put my
Specialists in !
That's normal : the stats of your weapon get a bonus based on your Weapon
Mastery level (for monsters, it's the level of the monster). So, if you put
say a Gladiator in your weapon, your Atk stat will get a higher boost than
if you put the same Gladiator in your armor.