• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero 2
  3. Are there any games that..

User Info: DrugsRBad

DrugsRBad
7 months ago#1
are similar to Z2, in that you can dash, jump, wall jump, and swing around with a grappling hook? And please don’t mention Super Metroid; that game is overrated
https://i.imgur.com/KybOQVP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uTeTfT3.jpg

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
7 months ago#2
Ninja Five-O, more or less

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
7 months ago#3
None I can think of with the swinging, but all the X, Zero and ZX games have everything else.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: Octorok385

Octorok385
7 months ago#4
Hollow Knight does the dash/slash/wall climb thing really well. No grapple that I know of.

User Info: Trigger Zero

Trigger Zero
6 months ago#5
Octorok385 posted...
Hollow Knight does the dash/slash/wall climb thing really well. No grapple that I know of.

It is subtly different. The X and Zero series are fluid beyond reason when it comes to how the wall climbing, dashing, jumping, and attacking fit together. The dash jump is the single biggest thing that separates Hollow Knight from the X/Zero games.

Hollow Knight is meant to be played more deliberately, and so the dash and jump can't be connected in any way to increase the momentum of the jump, nor is an attack modified in any way like a dash affects buster shots. Charged slashes stop the character in place, and there are tons of nuances of the otherwise simple gameplay mechanics that can be modified using equipment.

I recommend Hollow Knight, but I would be remiss to say it plays as fluidly as Mega Man X/Zero.
Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero 2
  3. Are there any games that..
  • Topic Archived