• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero 2
  3. Tag Team Dynamic Duo completing the cycle

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#11
Well, can't say I'm all that jazzed about the chain either, especially after spending a couple dozen attempts to swing from floating platform to floating platform back to the left from the tall cliff just before the non-forest section, only to find there was nothing there, I just ended up back where I started. Also discovered that killing things with the chain apparently doesn't count as pulling them towards you for purposes of the Power form. Guess I'll have to try again in the next stage. Nice to see Toad Man has been working out and improving his skills since MM4. Definitely a tougher fight this go-round than the original, but after a dozen or so tries, took him down. Now it's off to wherever I go next (haven't looked yet).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 years ago#12
I'm postponing this for a while....
Mainly due to getting PS3 today and that pit driving me nuts.

Especially when trying to maintain A rank for getting ex skills.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG hax breeder/DEGI
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

skater43
3 years ago#13
All right. I hear ya on the pit. I mean, I'm had enough trouble just getting across it without having to worry about how many things I've killed, time, taking damage, etc. to get the upper ranks. Much easier to maintain my level E. :) But this'll give me a chance to finish my 8-1-8 run of Zelda 2 and G_T has talked about starting something up, though she's got a lot on her plate right now. And if nothing else, I do have all the hard modes and such I unlocked on the other 3 games to go back to.

I did finish the last of the "look for Alphonso" stages and am at the start of Neo Arcadia. Earned the Active and Power Forms along the way, so the only one I'm missing that I can get at this point is the Erase one. Fenimore thanked me for a good fight and my putting up a challenge, which is funny because I absolutely destroyed him first time out. Harpo took two tries and actually, I got lucky on the second because my final blow killing him landing fractions of a second before one of his waves hit me, which prolly would have finished me off. Stages themselves weren't too bad, though I learned that while lava may look warm and inviting, in the end, you'll just get burned. I did like the red/blue crystals though. It was an interesting twist to the disappearing blocks that are a staple of the MegaMan series. As for our guys that were being controlled, I didn't test out my chain to see if that would just stun them, but I figured hitting them with the buster or saber was bad, so I either avoided them or just took a hit. Is there a way to stun them or knock them out of commission without hurting them? Is there even a negative consequence (lost points at the end or mission ends if you kill too many) for hurting them?
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
3 years ago#14
I think hurting them deducts points.
I use the defense form and jump over them
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG hax breeder/DEGI

User Info: l_Xanato_l

l_Xanato_l
3 years ago#15
You'll lose Mission points if you kill any of the troops.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#16
If I ever make it past that dumb pit I'll victory dance...

skater43
3 years ago#17
Does this mean you've been giving it another go? If so, wishing you lots of luck and looking forward to seeing that victory dance. :)

gamemaster712
3 years ago#18
I swing across and won....
Will blaze through with new ex skills soon.

skater43
3 years ago#19
Congratulations! All right, I'll resume this tomorrow.

skater43
3 years ago#20
Didn't play much today, but did take down the first part of Neo-Arcadia (went pretty smoothly, though had to do Mr. Blob a half dozen times or so. Earned the Erase Form, though I'll prolly never use it) and Temple of Fire (little rougher time here, especially with trying to blow up the pillars. Boss wasn't too bad, despite his new tricked out ride once A) I remembered lightning takes out fire, not ice and B) disabled three of the four weapons. Took 3 or 4 tries to kill him, but not too bad). So, I'm back at homebase awaiting the next mission.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero 2
  3. Tag Team Dynamic Duo completing the cycle
  • Topic Archived